new packages and accesories...

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
urbanswashbuckler

new packages and accesories...

Post by urbanswashbuckler »

i just logged on to the pontiac site, and sure enough, there was a "sport package" (re:body kit) that consisted of front side and rear pieces and not one but two spoilers!!!also the supercharger kit as well...not that im complaining, i like the way my abyss vibe looks, thats why i chose it over the matrix, but damn!!! the kit still looks pretty sweet.just thought id let you know.keep on Vibin!!!!
KEEP VIBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frosty

Re: new packages and accesories... (NovaResource)

Post by Frosty »

Very Nice! I guess if you have to ask you can't afford it. No prices.Anybody want to guess what the Supercharger will do to our wonderful fuel mileage? Will it require premium fuel? I hope to sell it or the West Covina turbo to my Mrs. by demonstrating it's superior camper trailer hauling abilities.Also.....Shouldn't this thread be in Pontiac and GM SPO Accessories?
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Flip-Side

Re: new packages and accesories... (Frosty)

Post by Flip-Side »

My mom owns a supercharged 98' Riviera and it gets great gas mileage on the freeway, 28mpg, almost exactly the same as the stock 3.8L v6 cars. Romp on it though...and it starts guzzling gas down to 16mpg. So I dont think it really affects your fuel economy unless you are "getting-on-it". Mabey Nova, or some other "blower" knowledgeables can shed more light.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
d_m_kolb

Re: new packages and accesories... (Flip-Side)

Post by d_m_kolb »

The way I understand it, the SC is going to give you alot more power through the entire powerband. So if your sitting at a light the normal amount you would press the accelorator down to get moving is going to be less because the SC is giving you more power at the same RPM.This would also be true at any RPM. In my opinion if the supercharger or turbo charger is set up right you'll get about the same as long as your not racing the engine.Now also release that when you start to floor this engine and the PSI increases from the forced induction the need for fuel will also increase because of the increase amount of air now entering the combustion chamber, resulting in lots more power but worse gas mileage. Just driving around town in a snail fashion will use about the same amount of fuel you were before installing the forced induction, reason being your using the same amount of fuel but making more power with it now. Your gas mileage might even increase.Now the first time you put your foot in it all that good gas mileage will be gone and the engine will start really drinking fuel combined with more air to make more power. People don't buy forced induction for better gas mileage. They buy it for more power and better performance.
VibeSalsa

Re: new packages and accesories... (Admin II)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Did you find price of these news kits?
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
Vibe Rater

Re: new packages and accesories... (vibesalsa)

Post by Vibe Rater »

No prices that I could see. Click on the 'GM Goodwrench' link for prices on other accessories.
NovaResource

Re: new packages and accesories... (Flip-Side)

Post by NovaResource »

Any type of forced induction means that the engine is injesting more air (and fuel) than it would normally (without boost). It actually makes the engine run like it's a larger engine and that's where the power increase comes from. Under normal driving conditions (vacuum in the manifold or 0 boost) you will see little change in mileage (maybe a little better, maybe a little worse). Under boost, you will see a decrease in mileage. As boost increases, mileage will decrease.
MiamiVibe

Post by MiamiVibe »

Hey about the sport package what will happen if you have the two-tone vibe?
2003 Salsa base Vibe-Injen CAI-Borla Exhaust-Window tinting (darkest legal dont personally know the %)
d_m_kolb

Re: new packages and accesories... (MiamiVibe)

Post by d_m_kolb »

If you have the two tone Vibe you'll have to get the grey cladding painted.
Cubanpete

Post by Cubanpete »

How complicated is to this by oneself, is it just swapping the part thats involved or other adjustements have to be made!
Fritzburg

Re: new packages and accesories... (Admin II)

Post by Fritzburg »

Just to further your point Admin II, a supercharger adds more parasitic loss to the engine. That is the pulley that spins the supercharger causes more drag on the pulleys, thus ENGINE WORKS HARDER = LOWER MILEAGE. But, the supercharger creates higher volumetric efficiency, or the engine is a better pump, more air gets through each cycle, increasing power and EFFICIENCY = HIGHER MILEAGEWith that said, my experience is that on average you will see better fuel economy with a supercharger, as long as you don't stomp it all the time.
FRITZBURG
NovaResource

Re: new packages and accesories... (Salsa!)

Post by NovaResource »

I wouldn't worry. GM wouldn't offer it as a dealer install with a 3yr/36k mile warranty if there were long term issues. They also wouldn't offer cars such as the supercharged Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and the Buick GS if there were going to be problems.
Fritzburg

Post by Fritzburg »

I'm sure you could beat the hell out of your tranny, but you could do that without a supercharger.With boost you are demanding more from the engine, and adding great stress, but I would assume your engine/tranny, and all parts in general will last about as long with a supercharge as without, provided you don't decide to set a world speed record going to the store everyday...
FRITZBURG
moondawg

Re: new packages and accesories... (Fritzburg)

Post by moondawg »

Is this only for the base,base engine?Or can it be applied to the Vibe AWD,as well?
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: new packages and accesories... (moondawg)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:Is this only for the base,base engine?Or can it be applied to the Vibe AWD,as well?No, this Supercharger is for the base engine only.The Sport Package will, however, work with all models.
Fritzburg

Re: new packages and accesories... (NSimkins)

Post by Fritzburg »

I'm really not impressed with that rear wing under the hatch, it eems out of place with the other one on top.
FRITZBURG
cibomatto

Re: new packages and accesories... (Fritzburg)

Post by cibomatto »

I agree... about the wing below the hatch... I am hoping I can getthe upper one alone
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
d_m_kolb

Re: new packages and accesories... (Salsa!)

Post by d_m_kolb »

More pics of the SPO Vibe from SEMA
Verto

Re: new packages and accesories...

Post by Verto »

Any idea how much the body kit will cost?
mu_ohio

Re: new packages and accesories... (Verto)

Post by mu_ohio »

Can someone provide a link to the pricing on the web? When I went to the site, it listed over accessories for the Vibe, but didn't mention the appearance kit. Also, is it me or are the rims the same thing as the TRD 18" set?
2004 Pontiac GTOPhantom Black w/black leather
NovaResource

Re: new packages and accesories... (mu_ohio)

Post by NovaResource »

Doesn't exist yet as far as we know. The parts aren't available until first quarter 2003 so pricing probably won't be released until then either.
Vibey

Re: new packages and accesories... (mu_ohio)

Post by Vibey »

The price of below $3000 USD has been mentioned in the other forum.
2tone Satellite, Automatic, Power and Security/Safety Packages.
NovaResource

Re: new packages and accesories... (Vibey)

Post by NovaResource »

$1,000 is below $3,000.$2,999.99 is below $3,000 also.That's a wide range.
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:$1,000 is below $3,000.$2,999.99 is below $3,000 also.That's a wide range.Yeah. They say that the SC should be well below $3000 including installation, but they said should not will. Well below $3000 better mean $2000-2300 for self install, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Found GM's price for the 2.4L engine (cavelier, cutlass, grand am)$2900...so well below $3000 must be all talk.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
DopeVibeGT

Re: new packages and accesories... (cibomatto)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

So, the 'sport' package, for the gorund FX, is only the side pieces and the spoilers? No front or rear bumper covers yet?
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress