Universal High-Flow Catalytic Converters that will work on the VIBE.

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
d_m_kolb

Universal High-Flow Catalytic Converters that will work on the VIBE.

Post by d_m_kolb »

I used this cat on my last car and after buying a Random Catalytic Converter, the check engine light starting coming on after installing it. I all most gave up and put the stock cat back on. I called Xtreme and they assured me it wouldn't happen and they flow better than Random Cats (which set my check engine light off) so I bought one. What a difference. They are CARB approved and wont send the OBD2 into fits.They have all the dyno testing to back up their claims.Xtreme Flow Exhaust Research & Delelopment http://www.xtremeflow.com
6slinger

Re: Universal High-Flow Catalytic Converters that will work on the VIBE. (Admin II)

Post by 6slinger »

Man I just went to the xtremeflow web site. I am new to this stuff and I have heard that soemthing like this will help with acceleration, but I didn't know that it would also help with gas mileage, and torque. How is this accomplished?Thanks for the link by the way
6slinger"Sassy" the Salsa AWD
Flip-Side

Re: Universal High-Flow Catalytic Converters that will work on the VIBE. (Admin II)

Post by Flip-Side »

Catalytic Converter? OHhhhhhh....so thats what I cut off.... Truly, this is something I plan on getting to complement the exhaust and intake. I'll check it out
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
d_m_kolb

Re: Universal High-Flow Catalytic Converters that will work on the VIBE. (6slinger)

Post by d_m_kolb »

It increases gas mileage by allow the engine to push the exhaust gas through the exhaust system easier. With a stock cat the engine is working hard (using more fuel) to push the exhaust through the system because the cat is more restrictive. When you install a free flowing cat it doesn't have to work as hard to do the same job. It makes more HP by allowing the engine to do the same thing. The engine doesn't have to work as hard to do what it was doing before.I have personally had great success with these cats.This in my opinion is a must mod for any AWD owner as well as a little bit larger custom exhaust system, since the stock system hurts performance so much.