AC compressor or fan assembly? (noise)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Post Reply
takearushfan
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:06 pm

AC compressor or fan assembly? (noise)

Post by takearushfan »

Hi all. My 2006 Vibe has lately been making an obnoxious noise sometimes when the AC is on. It doesn't always do this but it's frequent enough to be irritating. I attached a link to a YouTube video to show you. I read it can be the AC compressor (God help me if that's the case) or possibly the assembly which would be more ideal. Does that seem accurate based on this video? What else might it be? The plastic shroud itself is secure as is the radiator itself, I will say though that the plastic fan blade can be slightly moved back a bit if you try to pull it towards you even slightly. It looks almost like the blade might be knocking on the shroud's plastic. Please take a look and advise. I appreciate it.

The video record recording:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DKzgCA5-eWQ?is=0ehWlQC7Itei0xfn[/youtube]
Post Reply