I have no photo,s of the vibe before the paint job.Most of the hood and roof was blistered, sun fadded. Apparently in some cases it,s possible to do this paint job. A few years ago I had a silver/blue 2005 camry and it was gonna be big dollars to paint. This time it was a friends body shop and only $900.above the pin stripe and running a new pin stripe. I couldn't,t resist that price. I didn't,t know he was painting the grey plastic cladding. It looks very good so far. Fingers crossed. But now I have the water leak on the headliner above the front passenger seat running and dripping near the A-Pillar. So far the source is unknown.
jamesmetairie wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:55 pm
This time it was a friends body shop and only $900.above the pin stripe and running a new pin stripe. I couldn't resist that price. I didn't know he was painting the grey plastic cladding. It looks very good so far. But now I have the water leak on the headliner above the front passenger seat running and dripping near the A-Pillar. So far the source is unknown.
That sucks .... about the leak that is. Has this Vibe ever had a windshield replacement done to it. That could be the source of your leak. Several threads on here that go into detail about leaks. Mine in particular really highlight what can go wrong when a windshield is improperly installed.