


Been 16 years since I did one, so memory fades, but looking through some of my old posts it seems I didn't need to remove the cross member or jack the engine. I guess you could try without doing those things, and if it doesn't work, you can still do them when you get to the point where you find out that you do.
Could be the timing chain tensioner or valve cover gasket starting to seep—both are common on the 1ZZ-FE. The tensioner’s on the passenger side and can spray a bit when it leaks. Posting pics will definitely help narrow it down.Anemone wrote: ↑Mon Mar 03, 2025 3:46 am Hi.
06 pontiac vibe.
I had a p0171 lean bank 1 code and replaced the intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket. So that gave me some more umph I was missing and helped steady the rpms while running. However, I recently noticed a new (small drops) oil leak on the driveway. Passenger side, looks like above oil pan, some is on lip of oil pan seam (very little definitely fresh oil appearance), but there's more above it and none dripping down to buttom of pan, just off oil pan lip. Above the pan to the front and driver side, near center line of the body, there's a thick spray of globs thay appear to be sprayed from below. There is some spray to the side of the area as well (towards passenger side of car). Just curious what is located in this area and any ideas what might cause that kind of leak? I've done many repairs on it, but I look up how to's. I don't know a lot about everything I'm looking at in this area. I will post pictures soon if needed. Made me think about how airflow upgrades, like a 6.7 Cummins intake manifold upgrade, can impact things more than expected.
If it’s actually being sprayed around rather than just slowly running down the pan, I’d look higher up first. Clean the whole area really well, drive it for a short distance, then look for the first wet spot. On these Vibes I’d also make sure it’s actually engine oil and not ATF, especially around the axle/transmission area.Anemone wrote: ↑Mon Mar 03, 2025 3:46 am Hi.
06 pontiac vibe.
I had a p0171 lean bank 1 code and replaced the intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket. So that gave me some more umph I was missing and helped steady the rpms while running. However, I recently noticed a new (small drops) oil leak on the driveway. Passenger side, looks like above oil pan, some is on lip of oil pan seam (very little definitely fresh oil appearance), but there's more above it and none dripping down to buttom of pan, just off oil pan lip. Above the pan to the front and driver side, near center line of the body, there's a thick spray of globs thay appear to be sprayed from below. There is some spray to the side of the area as well (towards passenger side of car). Just curious what is located in this area and any ideas what might cause that kind of leak? I've done many repairs on it, but I look up how to's. I don't know a lot about everything I'm looking at in this area. I will post pictures soon if needed.