Moderator is not reviewing and approving posts

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
BugSlayer

Moderator is not reviewing and approving posts

Post by BugSlayer »

I just joined and posted some mechanical questions over a week ago, but my oost is still not approved or visible to others
joatmon

Re: Moderator is not reviewing and approving posts

Post by joatmon »

Not very often, but sometimes a spammer will create an account and post one or a flood of posts trying to disguise a link to some other website. Obviously this is not you, but the fact that it happens from time to time tells me that there is no moderator review required for a new user's (or any user's) posts to be visible. Moderation here works the other way. in that only after a post is made and visible, then a moderator may step in and delete it, usually after someone reports it as objectionable.

I don't think this happened to you. I see two other posts of yours, both in the Engine and Transmission section:
Are fasteners GM or Toyota?
Well known issue?
tpollauf

Re: Moderator is not reviewing and approving posts

Post by tpollauf »

BugSlayer has a good point. Yesterday (I'm usually online daily) I had NO new posts at all ... anywhere. Today I had over TEN and they were dated back to mid May! Something is/was holding them hostage until this morning where they all were released. Strange :o This has also happened just a few times in the past BUT not as bad or as many as what I receiver today.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"