who is still hanging out on genvibe in 2024?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
vibedrivermatt

who is still hanging out on genvibe in 2024?

Post by vibedrivermatt »

If youre still visiting the site in 2024 please reply and post something. I'm curious about how many users the still frequent the site.
SSizler

Re: who is still hanging out on genvibe in 2024?

Post by SSizler »

I check in here at least once a day, however I am somewhat of a newbie.
No facebutt account, so I can't hang out with all of the cool kids...... :lol:
2003 Vibe Base/ Frosty White Mono/ Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD/ Lava Red Mono/ Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg/ 150k mi
2006 Vibe Base/ Stealth Gray Mono/ Loaded w/Leather/ 180k mi
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I check in usually daily and contribute wherever I can. Not part of that F***book group which, unfortunately we lost a LOT of members to. Will keep my Vibes until they are no longer repairable. That's easily 20+ years down the road.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
VibeNation2024

Post by VibeNation2024 »

Here as well and check in / post when relevant and/or have input to share. I'm a long time lurker but new member ( few months ago). I don't have fakebook and this forum is packed with info, maintenance steps, detailed commentary etc that I review/reference. I have 2 Vibes ('08 with 68994 miles and an '07 with 109946 miles) and plan to take care of and keep for a long time! Vibe Tribe!!
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Awesome! Glad to know people are still using the site. I've been a longtime member since 2008 but took a long break from visiting. I was getting bored of a few of the other websites that I frequent like reddit amd decided to pop on here.

I still have my vibe. It's a 2009 2.4l. She's still running great. Her name is Earl Grey. I've thought about getting a new car several times but the fact of the matter is, my vibe is still in great shape and I haven't needed to replace it. I just gave it an oil change recently. It's got about 120k miles on it. The engine is still nice and quiet. We recently changed the clutch at 110k miles. That was a diy job but with substantial help from friends, one of which of which used to be professional. I don't think I could have done that clutch by myself.
I've replaced 3 rear calipers. Seems to be a weak point. The boots rip easy and rust out around the piston. I have finally just broke down and bought the proper rear caliper compressor set for brake changed.

It's got plenty of shopping cart dings. The rear bumper cover is duct taped on where it popped out due to a minor bump. Hey it's black duct tape so it's kinda blends with the paint.

Its on it's second replacement windshield. I drive though an industrial part of NJ to get to work. There's lots of tractor trailers that chuck rocks.. hey gotta get safelite.

It's definitely well used but it's still running great! I've been giving it very long oil change intervals. 10k sometimes 12 or maybe even 15k miles. :? . but I always keep it topped off with mobile1 synthetic. It's been fine.

P.s. can you still post pics here or do we have to use imgur now? OK I answered my own question. I can still upload very small file size pics. Here sits Earl Grey. It's been one heck of a commuter car.

Last summer I finally brought it in to a shop to have the AC recharged. That was technically its first visit to a mechanics shop for "repair" since I bought it. I really don't like other people working on my car but I wanted a pro job for the AC recharge. It's been blowing nice and cold since. Later I let another shop do all the recalls on it. They threw away my floor mat along with completing the other recalls.
Attachments
Picsart_24-04-24_19-53-07-534 (1).jpg
Picsart_24-04-24_19-53-07-534 (1).jpg (259.91 KiB) Viewed 304 times
VibeNation2024

Post by VibeNation2024 »

Good looking car for a commuter! Shows that you take care of it! I would have wanted stick but the wife didn't! Stinks about the floor mats! Here is a pic of my 07 (named Storm...think Xmen)...had to crop to reduce the size and just snapped in garage so forgive the background. I posted a few pics of my other vibe in my intro thread.
Attachments
20240424_210522.jpg
20240424_210522.jpg (909.94 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Mark

Post by Mark »

Still here, still checking a few times a week. Drive Silver every day, but my son has appropriated Stealth and I'm not sure if I'll ever get her back. But after being totaled, salvaged and repaired three times for way less than the insurance settlements, it's basically a free car at this point anyway.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Nice to see Storm. She's lives in a garage. That's nice. My Earl Grey is an outdoor cat... I mean car.

We struggled to find a name fir my vibe. We were stuck between old Grey and Earl Grey. We like star trek so Earl Grey was what we settled on. The 2.4l with manual is nice. When i give the gas it goes.. I'm in need of a few repairs though. It seems it's recently developed a little exhaust leak. I'm having some extra exhaust sound.
Our other car is a 2014 ford edge named White Lighting.
Thats a nice Nice car. Its really good cwr for long family raod trips. The vibe is my personal go to work/groceries transport. My wife and I really enjoy going for a drive in the vibe. It's fun to ride In a manual tranmission car.

Is stealth another vibe or a different car?
Last edited by vibedrivermatt on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

probably pretty obvious that I never come here
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Hey joatmon you've been here a long time dude!

Well, I'll be picture posting over in the repairs section. It's been awhile. That should be fun. I don't want to make detailed how-tos but just show some pics of parts going on car. I need new front shocks installed too. My struts are shot. The cars a little bouncy lately. >insert: boing sound fx.
smash

Post by smash »

Checking in about once a month in case I need to do repairs. Also not on Zuckerbook. Hoping to get one more year out of my '09 to get past 15 years. Paint job is getting trashed from stone chips on the hood, and sandblasted on windy days (Lowcountry SC - sandy soil & beaches).
2009 Vibe 1.8L Automatic - Liquid Platinum
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

I'm still here, even though I sold my last Matrix nearly 4 years ago now. Kinda hard to let go of a place you've been for so long. Only way I'll prob quit showing up is if the site goes belly up, or I do.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
tommytipover

Post by tommytipover »

Still here, never the book of faces.
tommytipover
2003 base 5spd.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

When the f-book site launched, I had already stopped using that site. So, I'm still here :)
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Want to sell:15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
jolt

Post by jolt »

I still pop in here about once per week to look around. I do Not do social media, period. Xyz, myface, your what ever they what to call themself today, have been and always will be useless to me.

One concerning thing here lately are some of the post that are way off from any topic that should be on this forum board. Robots, and now AI, will kill any trust in anything today.