2009 Vibe GTinstrument cluster

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
MrMojo52

2009 Vibe GTinstrument cluster

Post by MrMojo52 »

Hi....Just joined and have a question.. Bought my vibe a couple weeks ago knowing it had problems.($400) Most of which were easy fixes (alternator, a couple bad coils etc.) Everything on the car works with the exception of the tach ,speedometer, and all warning lights are lit.) I have checked all fuses. Battery is new. Car runs great. But I just can't figure this one out. Anyone had the same problem and found the solution? Thanks..
VibeNation2024

Re: 2009 Vibe GTinstrument cluster

Post by VibeNation2024 »

Sry for the delay with replying. Is the entire cluster failed or does the mileage increase and fuel and coolant temp work? If not, I would suspect a failed instrument cluster. If those work, then I would suspect a main ECM/ECU to have failed. Do you have a OBD code reader to see what (if any codes are showing)? If not, you could take it to an auto parts store (Auto zone, advance, O'Reilly, etc) and they will read the codes for you. Keep us posted!
tpollauf

Re: 2009 Vibe GTinstrument cluster

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GeVibe. Seeing how you just joined, how about updating your profile showing location? $400 means this car was clearly abused or wrecked pretty good. Whenever I see bizarre electrical problems, the first thing I think of is "flooded car". You likely have no history of this vehicle. Update us more as to why is only sold for that price.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"