Does Drive by Wire Vibe have an IAC valve???? Where or....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lexicon

Does Drive by Wire Vibe have an IAC valve???? Where or....

Post by lexicon »

Hi all
Struggling w cold start rough idle on 2006 Vibe. Not my car.
The 2006 Vibe is Drive by WIre (DBW).... is there an IAC valve, if so...where is it.
I am reading conflicting info. If you look up auto parts places, they have an IAC valve , but I have read that DBW Toyotas don't have a IAC valve.
DBW came in around 2005 for the Vibe

With a cold engine (California weather) what affects a rough idle only on start up?? is there an equivalent part for an IAC ????
2005 VibeAutomaticStockNon AWD125 hp model
lexicon

Re: Does Drive by Wire Vibe have an IAC valve???? Where or....

Post by lexicon »

Unless someone says otherwise, it appears our Drive by Wire do Not have a IAC valve
so, what then would control the Idle speed at load and no load. I assume its the Computer that learns your driving style.....but I have seen that some have to teach the computer to teach the idle speed in "DRIVE" ....for Toyotas... after changing or disconnecting the battery
JackWade

Post by JackWade »

I did the relearn for mine. https://gearshifters.org/toyota/how-to- ... le-toyota/.

I also had a bad connector to my TPS which fixed idle problem (mostly during cold starts)
2006 1.8 1ZZ-FE Moonstone gray with all options such as Moon & tunes package
lexicon

Post by lexicon »

wellll.
Bottom line....the rough idle only on start up was a small head gasket leak...
ended up getting a misfire code later on ... then doing the igniter swap and ingniter replacement, New spark plugs , MAF was cleaned, still rough idle. Coolant level started to go down.....
Ended up using Bars HG1 Head gasket sealer as a band aid, and is still holding....