Anyone ever do an "Offroad Style" Vibe

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Bad Vibe

Anyone ever do an "Offroad Style" Vibe

Post by Bad Vibe »

I run my vibe pretty hard there's 2 trannys in the hatch and barely any body molding still attached and@ 207k id say it likes the abuse.I've always thought about making it a bit more rugged, one thing. That always seemed appealing was the lighting cages and bumper bars you see on every 100% Onroad rav4 in nycmaybe a roof box and light bar like a baja truckHas anyone ever made a jungle vibe all caged up and ready to Brawl? Are there any companies that offer vibe applications for these types of accessories.Just silly daydreams don't flame them too hard Next comes my plot to use an e153 mr2 tranny conversion kit to afix an E154f awd trans from an st205 celica gt4 for awd justice... none of these ideas will end well (anyone know if awd rearends bolt to fwd frames?)
03 Vibe GT JDM MR-S 1ZZ-FED swapped w/C60 6 speed - Starting Part out! - 230k mi
90 Celica Alltrac Awd Turbo ST205 swap Red - sold... Buy more parts BC I'm Buying her back!
01 MR2 Spyder Vibe 2ZZ-GE w/ Jdm C65 LSD Trans swap -sold
KITT222

Re: Anyone ever do an "Offroad Style" Vibe (Bad Vibe)

Post by KITT222 »

Yikes. I'd like to see this abused GT. Nobody I know of has done an offroad Vibe, but someone created a lift on Matrixowners for their AWD Matrix. http://matrixowners.com/index....-lift/
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Wow, that's a crazy build. I like the idea, not crazy about how this guy did the front end but I could see a bar set-up like that over the OG bumper.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Bad Vibe

Post by Bad Vibe »

yeah thats what im looking for maybe a legit suspension lift would give it a bit more real performance, that tyhing ain't gonna have much suspension travel and if its awd idk what the angle might do to the diff and shaft i like the brush guard for sure
03 Vibe GT JDM MR-S 1ZZ-FED swapped w/C60 6 speed - Starting Part out! - 230k mi
90 Celica Alltrac Awd Turbo ST205 swap Red - sold... Buy more parts BC I'm Buying her back!
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

oh you mean like this? lol
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
Bad Vibe

Post by Bad Vibe »

Nah... that's clearly "rally-style" lol
bassplayaz06

Re: (Bad Vibe)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

haha it is a vibe GT though... lol but if you want something better for offroading, get this.It's an AMC Eagle rock cliimbing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXC5IUOdFk
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
captainofiron

Post by captainofiron »

Just curious, but why would you want to do this, from what I understand the AWD versions dont have a true AWD and the rear only operates when the front slips.I would think a rally car style would be better suited IMObut that being said, it is your car.
emma999

Re: Anyone ever do an "Offroad Style" Vibe

Post by emma999 »

Bad Vibe wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 am I run my vibe pretty hard there's 2 trannys in the hatch and barely any body molding still attached and@ 207k id say it likes the abuse.I've always
thought about making it a bit more rugged, one thing. By the way I'm a fan of rain poncho and I found beautiful designs in this website.

That always seemed appealing was the lighting cages and bumper bars you see on every 100% Onroad rav4 in nycmaybe a roof box and light bar like a baja truckHas anyone ever made a jungle vibe all caged up and ready to Brawl? Are there any companies that offer vibe applications for these types of accessories.Just silly daydreams don't flame them too hard Next comes my plot to use an e153 mr2 tranny conversion kit to afix an E154f awd trans from an st205 celica gt4 for awd justice... none of these ideas will end well (anyone know if awd rearends bolt to fwd frames?)
I will wait for more updates with this post. Waiting for other's opinions and responses too.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

emma999 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:24 am
I will wait for more updates with this post. Waiting for other's opinions and responses too.
I'm not sure waiting for updates on this is practical. Its been 12 years since this thread was updated, and 6 years since the Bad Vibe last posted , and that was about parting out his Vibe
Bagnew12

Post by Bagnew12 »

I currently have the E153 conversion kit from MWR for an 03 GT.

I just removed a good working LSD E153 from my GT to sell because I don't want to be stuck with the transmission if something were to go wrong later. I love driving it but just know that they don't make parts for this anymore so I'm getting rid of it while it's still worth something. Has less than 70k miles.
Quaif LSD installed
MWR lightweight flywheel
Axles
All install hardware and Brackets
Exedy clutch
joatmon wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:46 am
emma999 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:24 am
I'm not sure waiting for updates on this is practical. Its been 12 years since this thread was updated, and 6 years since the Bad Vibe last posted , and that was about parting out his Vibe