2009 Vibe AWD issue

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Vikingjedi

2009 Vibe AWD issue

Post by Vikingjedi »

After I start it everything is fine at first. But after I start driving and it shifts into 2nd gear (Automatic) all the dash lights come on. AWD, ABS, Traction, Brake, etc.

My solution has been to come to a complete stop and hold the brake for a few seconds. After I drive again for like 20 seconds all the dash lights go off and it drives normal. Sometimes all the lights go off except AWD. It flashes for like 10 seconds and then goes off.

Been dealing with this for like 6 months so have an appointment August to get it fixed. Does anybody know what's going on here? Read something about rear hub sensor. I don't know. Any help would be good. Thanks
tpollauf

Re: 2009 Vibe AWD issue

Post by tpollauf »

Vikingjedi wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:27 pm Been dealing with this for like 6 months so have an appointment August to get it fixed.
Welcome to GenVibe. I noticed your profile is incomplete when you signed up. This is very helpful for us other members to assist you in troubleshooting BUT only if we have a proximity of your whereabouts. Desert southwest or cold upper midwest? If I had to guess, seeing how it's an AWD trim, you're somewhere where it's cold and lots of snow BUT don't know that for a fact.

Also this future appointment is for fixing the problem? That means you already know what the problem is ... or don't you? If there is corrosion anywhere on a 14 year old car, then there are LOTS of electrical Gremlins lurking about the vehicle. Bad grounds are your biggest problem. Fill us in on more info and we may better be able to help you out! ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Vikingjedi

Re: 2009 Vibe AWD issue

Post by Vikingjedi »

I'm in Virginia. It snows sometimes. The appointment is to diagnose the problem and if it's not too expensive get it fixed. I have no clue what's causing it.