Rear cargo hooks 2009 2.4L Vibe Base

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BelleHarper

Rear cargo hooks 2009 2.4L Vibe Base

Post by BelleHarper »

New here. Just bought this nice 2009 Vibe and maybe, just maybe, someone can answer a question. The set of 4 higher plastic hooks in the cargo area...what are these for? Not the sturdy lower metal rings, the higher ones. They seem to have some specific function but I'm stumped. Thanks!
BelleHarper
Keizer, OR
finebead

Re: Rear cargo hooks 2009 2.4L Vibe Base

Post by finebead »

Hello and welcome! I have a 2009 base also. I use the hooks with a small diameter rope, maybe para cord that you can get at walmart, to keep things from rolling around in the rear area, sometimes to keep them standing up (like a 5 quart jug of oil.)

It's hard to get a knot to hold on that little hook, but a clove hitch with a small flexible rope will work if you pull it tight. See number 6 below.

https://www.mortonsonthemove.com/knot-tying/
BelleHarper

Re: Rear cargo hooks 2009 2.4L Vibe Base

Post by BelleHarper »

Those plastic, high attachment points are for the rear cargo cover. I got extremely lucky and got one of those covers from a generous GenViber on this very forum, and for a fair price. And I appreciate the knots page you included because, yeah, if I'd had the perfect knot in my knot arsenal I would have created a simple tie-down thing to hold the groceries where I put them! Those plastic nubs are so slippery i couldn't get anything to tighten on them. As it is, with the cargo cover installed, the pop-up grocery bag stabilizer is really all that's needed, looks cool and it's such a great idea. Thanks, Pontiac. We sure miss you!

I'm saving the link to the knots! Good to have.
BelleHarper
Keizer, OR