Pathy99 - 2005 Vibe Base (Red)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Pathy99

Pathy99 - 2005 Vibe Base (Red)

Post by Pathy99 »

Hello all! Finally joined the forum board after close to a year after joining the GenVibe FaceBook group.

Here's our Vibe. We bought it for $1,800 last July off my buddy who got it as his first car and just upgraded to a nicer vehicle. We primarily use it as an extra car whenever needed, as well as a car for my younger brother to drive from time to time, as he rarely goes anywhere. It's got 216,000 miles and counting and has been pretty reliable so far. The only thing that's currently wrong with it is the airbag light being on, but I suspect it has something to do with the Toyota airbag recall, so we're waiting on our local GM dealer to call us back about it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's our little red vibe.
vibe.jpg
vibe.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 635 times

Link to full-size photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sj5j7fLNEV7RJFfa6

Have a great day! Looking forward to meeting other Vibe owners! :D
joatmon

Re: Pathy99 - 2005 Vibe Base (Red)

Post by joatmon »

Welcome to genvibe!

That car is beautiful, doesn't look 18 years old
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Excellent price for a reliable car ;) Looks like it may have been garaged most of it's prior life. Where you located? Some of us could be your neighbor! Visit HERE often and maybe just a bit over at that other site :shock:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Jbenrod

Post by Jbenrod »

the airbag light being on, but I suspect it has something to do with the Toyota airbag recall, so we're waiting on our local GM dealer to call us back about it.

My experience with GM dealerships and the airbag recall has been very poor.

The airbag light has set a code that you should get read to see what it tells you. Any garage will have a reader that can check it; or you can buy a code reader for under $200 that will read the SRS, or airbag system. The light probably has nothing at all to do with any open recall.

For example, it may be a SRS light for a B1811 code (driver's airbag deployment loop resistance too high circuit 2). That usually means your clockspring has broke and needs replacing. I would NOT have a GM dealership doing that work because they will charge you a significant amount for a job that's really not too bad - if you can source the replacement part.

First check to see if both your horn and cruise control are working normal.
2005 Base - 220k