How to Put Door Panel Back On?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
FabioVibez

How to Put Door Panel Back On?

Post by FabioVibez »

Hey, just decided to swap out my speakers in my '05 Vibe. I went through Crutchfield's guide, and got most of the way through but I can't seem to get the door panel back on. Is there a trick to slide it into place?

I looked at Derf's youtube video, and he does this weird slide thing to remove the panel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOGgu6NbOnA 4:00
vibe door panel.jpg
vibe door panel.jpg (991.96 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Mark

Re: How to Put Door Panel Back On?

Post by Mark »

I've had the panel off of my 04 dozens of times and there's no "slide" that I recall. Just connect the electrical plug and hook the top over the door and snap it back in place. I'm not sure if there's a way to slide it so that all the panel clips slide out of their mounts? I just pop them out and then pop them back in.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

You might check the weatherstrip for the window on the edge of the door panel. Sometimes for me it's worked its way loose and gets in the way when trying to hang the door panel back on.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
FabioVibez

Post by FabioVibez »

I'll give an update on this, so it looks like there might have been some damage to the drivers side door, or it has been opened a lot. I did finally get it on, but the passengers side went back on way easier.
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

I've always found that the front edge corner up by the mirror is the trickiest part to get seated when installing the door cards. I usually angle the back higher, get the front seated first, then it all kinda wiggles and settles into place nicely. Good luck!
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330