2005 base model Vibe.
Finally decided to see about fixing my seized rear hatch lock. It's only been about a year but I like to keep on top of these things. Turned out to be a relatively simple but very time consuming repair. Ton's of corrosion, lots of scraping with a small screwdriver, knife, dental tool and a couple grades of sandpaper. My hands were too filthy to take pics before but I got a couple of it disassembled so yoi can see all the bits.
I took my time, chatted with my girlfriend while I did it and spent about 3 hours on it.
I reassembled it with silicone grease on everything and stuffed every crevice with it to see about keeping the moisture out.
Give it a year or so, see how it works out.