Another broken door handle question…

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
deafanddiabetic

Another broken door handle question…

Post by deafanddiabetic »

But this time it’s unique! I searched this forum high and low first!

My child lock is on (cuz kids) and my exterior handle broke.

How do I open this door now?

I’ve replaced probably twenty door handles on my vibes over the years but this is a first for me :)Image
joatmon

Re: Another broken door handle question…

Post by joatmon »

Interesting problem.

I'd probably look at the other rear door to see if it might be possible to bend a tool of some sort to toggle the child safety switch when the door is closed. Or, take the inside trim panel off the other door and see what the mechanism is, figure out away to reach something in between the window and the door to snag whatever the handle pulls

I’ve replaced probably twenty door handles on my vibes over the years
I hadn't noticed door handles being a common Vibe problem, any idea why you've had so much trouble with them?
deafanddiabetic

Post by deafanddiabetic »

joatmon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 pm
I hadn't noticed door handles being a common Vibe problem, any idea why you've had so much trouble with them?
They’re cheap plastic handles already especially in the bitter north cold. But the real reason is I believe this is my….8th Vibe? Plus 4 matrices too! I pick them up from auctions all the time, they’re my favorite car.
jolt

Post by jolt »

This Youtube video may give you an idea of a way to open the door from the inside. This is for the same problem but for a Kia Sorento. Look at your other door and see if this method will work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuY4okD_Q_8