Identifying the fold-flat front passenger seats in 2009-2010 models?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Ektar100

Identifying the fold-flat front passenger seats in 2009-2010 models?

Post by Ektar100 »

I've owned by 2010 base for just over six years, and have loved it because it's almost the perfect roadtrip vehicle for me. I say "almost" because I have a standard front passenger seat. All this time, I believed that the fold-flat seats were eliminated in the 2nd gen, until I learned literally yesterday that they were available in a particular package. So now I'm searching car-part.com for a fold-flat seat that I can swamp into my car.

Is it as simple as looking for a seat that has the plastic back panel instead of the cloth pocket? Does that signify that it is definitely a fold-flat seat?

Secondary question, for anyone who might have experience. Are the actual seat bottom of the fold-flat and standard seat different? Could I just swap out the seat back or would I have to replace the entire thing down to the foundation?

Thanks for any help!
2010 Vibe 1.8L
sarasvibe

Re: Identifying the fold-flat front passenger seats in 2009-2010 models?

Post by sarasvibe »

Hi-- I think I have the seat you are referring to... I have 2009 2.4L AWD...
I'll take a photo of it and see if I can find a part number...
Sara
2009 Vibe 2.4L AWD, 193K miles
CA, USA
tpollauf

Re: Identifying the fold-flat front passenger seats in 2009-2010 models?

Post by tpollauf »

Ektar100 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:35 pm Is it as simple as looking for a seat that has the plastic back panel instead of the cloth pocket? Does that signify that it is definitely a fold-flat seat?
The 2009-10 Vibe came in FOUR different trim levels. Base 1.8l, Base 2.4l, AWD, GT The ONLY trim that did NOT come with the passenger side flat folding seatback w/rear table surface, was the Vibe 1.8l! The other three had it as standard equipment. So there should be a lot of them out there in junkyards.

Ektar100 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:35 pm Secondary question, for anyone who might have experience. Are the actual seat bottom of the fold-flat and standard seat different? Could I just swap out the seat back or would I have to replace the entire thing down to the foundation?
Thanks for any help!
If I had to guess, I'd say it's NOT interchangeable ... but I honestly don't know. What I do know is that separating the seat back from the base, is/was a lot of work and I didn't do it while installing heated surfaces to the seats on y son't 2009 Vibe GT years ago. I also didn't even attempt to do the passenger seat as it was even more complicated due to the "standard" folding seat back. Hope this helps a bit :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"