kgw51gmc 2010 Vibe 2.4 Base, 5 speed-- AC RELAY LOCATION ???!!!

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
kgw51gmc

kgw51gmc 2010 Vibe 2.4 Base, 5 speed-- AC RELAY LOCATION ???!!!

Post by kgw51gmc »

Does anyone here know where the AC relay is? No, it isn't in that panel under the hood or under the dash with the fuses. I looked it up on RockAuto and it looks like an ECM but it's the relay. I can't find it! UAC RE1019C {8925712010} RELAY is the google-able number from RockAuto.

When I look up the relays/fuses the world wide web shows swapping horn relay with ac relay, which is not possible because I don't have one like that. Any help or ideas? Thanks guys.
2010 Vibe, base, 4 door, 5 speed, 2.4, 140K miles.
popatim

Re: kgw51gmc 2010 Vibe 2.4 Base, 5 speed-- AC RELAY LOCATION ???!!!

Post by popatim »

It should be in the engine compartment fuse box. Its the one closes to the front of the car, there are two side by side and the AC relay is the smaller one on the left. If your horn works, yoku can swap the AC relay into the horn relay slot and see if your horn stops working. If the horn still works then the relay is good.

The Fuse for the AC is under the driver side dash, 10A if i remember right, and its on the right hand side upper fuse (keep in mind you'll be seeing them upside down)

If those are both good then check to see if your getting a voltage change at the clutch connector. If you are and the compressor doesn't start turning then try clening the connector before replacing the clutch.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

kgw51gmc wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:59 am I looked it up on RockAuto and it looks like an ECM but it's the relay. I can't find it! UAC RE1019C {8925712010} RELAY is the google-able number from RockAuto.
That Toyota part number seems to be identified by Toyota as a Radiator Cooling Fan Control, which is a completely different animal than an AC clutch relay
popatim wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:40 am It should be in the engine compartment fuse box. Its the one closes to the front of the car, there are two side by side and the AC relay is the smaller one on the left.
That is where it is in the 03-08, but its different for the 09-10

=============================================================================

I don't know where it is on the 09-10's. Perhaps its in a similar location as shown by this short video for a 2011 Corolla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZs_GPIyqdQ

I also found this page at https://www.2carpros.com/questions/ac-r ... said-to-be

the second post in that thread has three pictures , one of which shows a relay block underhood, looks about over the front passenger wheel. Another of those pics shows spots in that block for four relays, but only two are identified. Perhaps the AC clutch relay is one of the two unidentified.
kgw51gmc

Post by kgw51gmc »

popatim wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:40 am It should be in the engine compartment fuse box. Its the one closes to the front of the car, there are two side by side and the AC relay is the smaller one on the left. If your horn works, yoku can swap the AC relay into the horn relay slot and see if your horn stops working. If the horn still works then the relay is good.

The Fuse for the AC is under the driver side dash, 10A if i remember right, and its on the right hand side upper fuse (keep in mind you'll be seeing them upside down)

If those are both good then check to see if your getting a voltage change at the clutch connector. If you are and the compressor doesn't start turning then try clening the connector before replacing the clutch.
I don't have a clutch connector or a clutch. This has a "Compact Variable Compressor" that has no clutch. It turns ALL THE TIME, so there is not a happy clicking and watching of the engaging of the compressor. It just turns forever. It adjusts pressure/flow etc as needed based on computer signals.

That toyota corolla video shows the ac relay behind the coin bin under the steering wheel at your left knee. It looks very similar to mine, and I pulled the relay, got the number off of it and am trying to order but the number says it's for daytime running lights.......... I'll order it anyway, and swap new one for old one and then just see if it works. 90080-87025 Denso Relay is the baby blue one, center of the 3 relays shown in the youtube corolla video above.
2010 Vibe, base, 4 door, 5 speed, 2.4, 140K miles.