What is this called?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
dalemccl

What is this called?

Post by dalemccl »

I just noticed a trim piece missing in my 2006 Base. It is to the right of the passenger side fog lamp. It was a louver type of thing similar to the one in the center. I want to try to find a replacement but I don't know the name of this piece. Anyone know?
20220609_193937.jpg
20220609_193937.jpg (786.95 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Mark

Re: What is this called?

Post by Mark »

Passenger side grill insert.

I just replaced my 05 driver's side one today with this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232797642202?_ ... %7Ciid%3A1.

You can find the passenger side from that page. Ordered it Saturday and received it today. I applied a little clear adhesive to both sides, mine tend to pop out when I drive the Vibe up onto my car hauler. I try to keep an eye out but missed this one.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
dalemccl

Post by dalemccl »

Thanks!
Is the picture they show up-side down? The curved part on the drivers side grille matches the curve of the headlight on my car, but the ebay picture of the driver's side grille that you ordered shows the curve on the left side.

Also, does it insert from the front or from behind the bumper?
Mark

Post by Mark »

It inserts from the back. If you look you will see four small tabs that the insert clips on to, two on the top and two on the bottom of the opening. Easy to reach from under the bumper, stick the top onto the top two clips, the secure the bottom. I applied a little Lexel adhesive along the top and bottom to secure it.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
dalemccl

Post by dalemccl »

Thanks. That helps. I ordered the passenger side grille from the same ebay seller you used.