Pat Goss

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Caretaker

Pat Goss

Post by Caretaker »

What a way to ruin my night. I was catching up on my Motor Week episodes when suddenly after Pat's segment they post an "in memory of" photo of Pat. He died on the 19th of March and I had not heard or read a thing about it.

https://www.motorweek.org/auto_news/thi ... asses-away
ColonelPanic

Re: Pat Goss

Post by ColonelPanic »

I learned about his passing from a Motorweek post. Having watched Motorweek since the mid 80's, it was tough news to process.

There's a great story about him here. Well worth a read.

BTW there is a retro review for 1997-1998 going on right now on Youtube (link for that.) Plenty of good Goss' Garage content, of course. Even one where he tries to kill a Buick 3800 by running it with no oil, only some additive. :lol:

Pat - thanks for teaching this kid how to take care of the car he didn't yet have way before being old enough to drive.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Caretaker

Re: Pat Goss

Post by Caretaker »

Great videos. I miss Lisa Barrow. I wish she had never left the show. I'll have to research why Goss' repair business is moving to Annapolis. You would think Lanham city leaders would do whatever it takes to keep a high profile established business in their town.