Reply Notification Test

Test out your signature and other tricky stuff here. Inactive topics automatically deleted after 7 days.
schwartzy18510

Reply Notification Test

Post by schwartzy18510 »

I've been having issues with not getting email alerts when a reply is posted to one of my posts. It seems to affect both threads that I've authored as well as individual replies, despite my ensuring that the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box is checked. This post is intended to test this issue definitively, so if someone could drop a test reply I'd appreciate it.
2003 Salsa Red Vibe Base Model
1.8L 1ZZ-FE, FWD, AT, 190K Miles
*Unresolved Vibration at Idle*
SlammedNiss

Re: Reply Notification Test

Post by SlammedNiss »

what if I don't want to reply? :mrgreen:
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
schwartzy18510

Post by schwartzy18510 »

SlammedNiss wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:14 am what if I don't want to reply? :mrgreen:
Thanks! Received a notification here on GenVibe, but nothing via email in either my inbox or junk folders. Checked my "blocked senders" list and verified GenVibe wasn't listed. Also ensured all settings in my profile were configured to send me an email any time I receive an alert. Still no dice. I'll try contacting one of the moderators to see what's going on.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

test to see if the site is still giving you bad vibes
badv2.jpg
badv2.jpg (122.83 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
schwartzy18510

Post by schwartzy18510 »

Thanks, joatmon. Same as before — I received a notification here on the forums, but no email notification. This issue has been causing me to miss replies to threads I've authored or commented on in the past and I'm determined to try to resolve it. I hate leaving a thread I've authored "hanging" without a response after another user has taken the time to comment or offer helpful advice.

I just reset my forum password in an effort to "refresh" my previously saved email address on file from my original sign-up back in 2014, which has not changed since. It's a long shot, but I see no other reason in either my User Control Panel settings or personal email settings as to why the email alerts wouldn't be coming through.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

schwartzy18510 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:35 am Thanks, joatmon. Same as before — I received a notification here on the forums, but no email notification. This issue has been causing me to miss replies to threads I've authored or commented on in the past and I'm determined to try to resolve it. I hate leaving a thread I've authored "hanging" without a response after another user has taken the time to comment or offer helpful advice.

I just reset my forum password in an effort to "refresh" my previously saved email address on file from my original sign-up back in 2014, which has not changed since. It's a long shot, but I see no other reason in either my User Control Panel settings or personal email settings as to why the email alerts wouldn't be coming through.
Well, it could be the site is having issues sending emails. You'll just have to remind yourself to come visit us daily! :D
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

zbyers wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:28 am Well, it could be the site is having issues sending emails. You'll just have to remind yourself to come visit us daily! :D
agree !! :D . S H I T, shower, shave, check GenVibe ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

For what its worth, email notifications don't work for me either. This isn't a problem for me, since the email account I used for genvibe is one I seldom check, but indicates that the email issue is more of a site thing instead of being limited to just shwartzy18510
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I don't get replies either.

phpBB has a number of foibles, and I'm certain that the owner hasn't put much time into maintenance. This being kept up just as a service; there's no real money it it.

If necessary, I'd host it myself - but I probably wouldn't be able to put much more time in it either.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I got an email notification today. Did something change?
schwartzy18510

Post by schwartzy18510 »

joatmon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:05 pm I got an email notification today. Did something change?
I just received an email notifying me of your post in this thread. I've also received a few emails the last week or two notifying me of comments (all spam, unfortunately) on threads I've previously started or subscribed to. It looks like the notification feature is working again!