GenVibe: Exploration of Interactive Generation of Personal Vibrotactile Patterns

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
joatmon

GenVibe: Exploration of Interactive Generation of Personal Vibrotactile Patterns

Post by joatmon »

https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3384657.3384794

I can understand this, glad I don't have to
tpollauf

Re: GenVibe: Exploration of Interactive Generation of Personal Vibrotactile Patterns

Post by tpollauf »

:? What planet does this apply to ???
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
zbyers

Re: GenVibe: Exploration of Interactive Generation of Personal Vibrotactile Patterns

Post by zbyers »

So us 11 users still using the website have been test subjects? Is THAT what the test post was all about?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I think the article is about a study showing that vibration feedback is more effective if the device goes through some sort of learning algorithm with individual users, rather than using a fixed protocol designed by "experts". I haven't found a way for genvibe to cause my laptop to vibrate, so if the test thread was about that, then I'd say the test failed.

Does make me wonder if someone involved with the study is or has been a genviber.