Happy Halloween: what are you handing out??

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Caretaker

Happy Halloween: what are you handing out??

Post by Caretaker »

We're handing out glow stick bracelets. It is warm and wet here in the Delta Quadrant. K-Mart had great prisoner uniforms with handcuffs. Great last minute pick up. Save some almond joys for me!!
star_deceiver

Re: Happy Halloween: what are you handing out?? (Caretaker)

Post by star_deceiver »

There are no trick or treaters in this apartment building. So, like most others here, we'll be crankin' the metal, bothering the overly religious neighbours and drinking!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Nothing...Plans --> Pizza, beer, Hockey (Calgary vs. Detroit).
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by Caretaker »We're handing out glow stick bracelets. Good idea! I'm heading over to my g/f's parents' momentarily to hand out goodies.Not expecting a great turnout, as it is currently 54F (12C) extremely windy and raining on and off here in Ottawa.Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Nothing...Plans --> Pizza, beer, Hockey (Calgary vs. Detroit). I'm hitting those 3 tonight too
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Nothing good... I did however just give some candy to V for Vendetta
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

We just moved into our house not long ago so we weren't sure what we were dealing with for Halloween..Aldi had some mini boxes of raisins on special purchase a couple weeks ago, that went through surprisingly well. A coworker said she would have egged my house if I tried to give her raisins when she was a kid. One girl went so far as to say she'd rather have the raisins as she didn't like chocolate -- I suspect she may not fall victim to the childhood obesity epidemic. For candy, we went for the best deal... Meijer had a good deal on Palmer candy in bulk.. $1.49/lb, and it's quite tasty. We bought several pounds and had to go back to get more since we kept eating it. And finally, a pound of Smarties.Got rid of half of our bucket. Not bad. I think we can figure out what to do with the leftovers.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Vibe_dude

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Vibe_dude »

Bags of Kernels pop corn.Something different from chips.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
jake75

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by jake75 »

About 12 bags of Snickers, Baby Ruth's, Butterfingers, Three Musketeers, and Reese's. Ran out before the two hour period was over. Half the beggars come from outside our neighborhood. The mother's come with a 3 month old baby and have a bag for each of them. Some kids have an extra bag for a "brother" or "cousin" that supposedly could not make it. Older teens that should be doing something more productive with there time arrive with no apparent costume. Thank yous are few and far between. But the other half - from the neighborhood - make up for it.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
808 Vibes

Re: Happy Halloween: what are you handing out?? (star_deceiver)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »There are no trick or treaters in this apartment building. So, like most others here, we'll be crankin' the metal, bothering the overly religious neighbours and drinking!Same here. Your great plan had me up until the drinking part...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Not a single trick or treat'er came here was gona hand out them packages of Oreo Cookies.Theres goes my diet !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Caretaker

Re: (jake75)

Post by Caretaker »

some Halloween trivia: did you know that the Baby Ruth bar was NOT named after Babe Ruth like most people think? It was named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter Ruth, who I believe was born while he served in the White House. We had very few kids last night (maybe 25). One band of stupid teenagers was loudly roaming the streets last night. One idiot thought he would show off his stupidity by jumping up at the rim of my basketball hoop. I think he got his fingers partially stuck in the net and hurt himself. I'll go check for some entwined appendiges right now. I can use them to stir my morning coffee.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

We gave out nothing. I'm not a Hallowe'en person at all, so we just turned off our lights and watched TV. Some kids decided we were home anyway and rang the doorbell (hm, lights are off, car is in the garage, lets ring the doorbell anyway??). I ignored it.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
03VibeOttawa

Re: Happy Halloween: what are you handing out?? (Sputnik)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I rang every doorbell as a kid, and plan on doing the same when I have kids. A light on in the back of the house warrants "extra attempts for attention" in my books.Gimme candy *&$#ers! Hallowe'en is an awesome societal convention
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
808 Vibes

Re: (Caretaker)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Caretaker »One band of stupid teenagers was loudly roaming the streets last night. One idiot thought he would show off his stupidity by jumping up at the rim of my basketball hoop. I think he got his fingers partially stuck in the net and hurt himself. I'll go check for some entwined appendiges right now. I can use them to stir my morning coffee. HAHA...or chili!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

-Nothing with nuts.-Nothing made with equipment used with nuts.-No bad for you chocolate and sugar.-Has to be individually wrapped for safety.Too many frigin rules, I'm handing out $1 bills I guess. Unless someone is allergic to greenback paper. I'm not sure where the breakdown occurred that children all of a sudden became allergic to so many things, I never heard of people dropping dead from peanut allergies, was it just never considered or overlooked? Or have we as a species developed these over time because of being to cautious to begin with. Let you kid scrape his knee and play in dirt, otherwise those little illnesses can become a much larger hassle if you have them using Purell like its going out of style.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
spiffy1001

Post by spiffy1001 »

For a first time trick or treater, he caught on pretty easily.

Attached files
'09 Base with slight damage in the back.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

We handed out glow stick bracelets, #2 pencils with halloween designs on them & plastic eyeballs w/bubble solution in them.We had 40 kids this year. Half of what we had last year.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

In 20 years, in two different houses, we've had exactly two, yes 2 trick or treaters.I seem to like living in the last house on a dead end road or long driveway. No one ventures in unless they are lost.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Since we were out with our kid, we left a box of chocolate bars and chips on our front step. hope the kids weren't to greedy
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

No handing out for me. I had to take care of a chicken.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
808 Vibes

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

^ ^ Just TOO precious . I cannot wait 'til next Halloween...have penguin one in storage, bought dirt cheap! Here's my 2009 cuteness contribution.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
star_deceiver

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by star_deceiver »

That's a cute chicken!Question: Where are all the smashed pumpkins??? Driving around on the 1st and to work on the 2nd I saw a total of ZERO smashed pumpkins on the road! Double you tee eff??? In years past it was not uncommon to see chunks of pumpkin on the side of the road for a week after halloween, now there's nothing. Wishful thinking would say that the city was out in full force cleaning up and that all the hooligans stayed home and watched "the great pumpkin". Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Too many frigin rules! Let you kid scrape his knee and play in dirt, otherwise those little illnesses can become a much larger hassle if you have them using Purell like its going out of style.Are kids even allowed friends anymore? Running around... outside... pumpkin smashing??? Texting buddies and facebook whores don't count! (Genvibe does though )
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
joatmon

Re: Happy Halloween: what are you handing out??

Post by joatmon »

Its fairly rural where I live, haven't had a trick or treater for about 25 years now. If any did come to the house, I'd just give them money.