Lift gate bumpers

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
freed

Lift gate bumpers

Post by freed »

Looking for the small black rubber nubs (about the size of a stack of 6 quarters) that help keep the lift gate isolated from the car body when closed. They are at the bottom of the gate. Mine have worn down (as well as the corresponding / mating surface on the body itself) and it makes the lift gate feel loose when I open it.

A tiny annoyance, but I want to fix it. Trouble is, I can't figure out where to find these parts. Any tips?
Caretaker

Re: Lift gate bumpers

Post by Caretaker »

Actually yes........every time you walk through a large parking lot, keep your eyes to the ground. It is amazing how many of these rubber bumpers I see in Walmart parking lots and elsewhere. People put packages in their hatch and they knock them off. The things bounce all over the place making it hard for the owner to locate, and in most cases, they don't even take the time to look for them.

Also found these on Conicelli's website: https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshoho ... top+bumper
freed

Post by freed »

Nice, thanks! I'll keep my eyes open...also I took a look at the site and found the likely part: https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshoho ... c3VsdHM%3D

But for some reason, shipping to Seattle starts at $231!!!! :o No clue why that is. I might try calling around to some local Toyota dealerships now that I have a part number & see if they can advise / provide.

Appreciate your help! Are you up in PA yourself Caretaker?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I have long ago shed my days of the Poconos Garden Lodge, Mercyhurst College and touring the flames of Centralia. I can still sing the phone number from the PGL commercials (226-0841); a jingle that can never leave one's head.
Yes, look up the part number at any Toyota or GM dealership on line and then take the quote to your local dealer and they will match it. I do it all the time. I seriously doubt the cost of shipping is correct, so you might also call the fine folks at Conicelli on the phone. I have also done that with great satisfaction.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Caretaker wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:46 am I have long ago shed my days of the Poconos Garden Lodge, Mercyhurst College and touring the flames of Centralia. I can still sing the phone number from the PGL commercials (226-0841); a jingle that can never leave one's head.
Yes, look up the part number at any Toyota or GM dealership on line and then take the quote to your local dealer and they will match it. I do it all the time. I seriously doubt the cost of shipping is correct, so you might also call the fine folks at Conicelli on the phone. I have also done that with great satisfaction.
you went to mercyhurst? I live about an hour from there.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe