New Member Intro! Plus My 2003 Vibe (Base)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
GenOnceler

New Member Intro! Plus My 2003 Vibe (Base)

Post by GenOnceler »

Hey all! I've lurked on this forum for a long time and have used countless threads to fix/change things on my car since I've had it (I think for about 8 years now?). I don't have Facebook and don't know if ppl are active elsewhere on Discord or something, but figured I'd create an account and post since the forum has been so helpful and I wanted to show off the fruits of everyone's collective labor in helping me not kill this thing haha.

I'll post a more full write-up in the garage, but needless to say I'm the proud owner of a heavily modified 2003 Pontiac Vibe in Frost White with about 250,000 miles on it (and still going strong besides the transmission that killed itself) that I drive everyday and have done everything from carry ladders, bikes, kids, dogs, carpet, wood, and tons of furniture to multiple places with. Most mods you can probably think of (and some you might not) have probably be done to it but there's still a few big things I haven't touched much, especially with the motor since I don't like dealing with Smog issues in CA. Here she is:

Transylvania

Re: New Member Intro! Plus My 2003 Vibe (Base)

Post by Transylvania »

That's one good looking car! Welcome and thanks for posting.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome (a long time ago) to GenVibe :lol: 'Bout time you finally joined up with us1 ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

tpollauf wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:05 am Welcome (a long time ago) to GenVibe :lol: 'Bout time you finally joined up with us1 ;)
Yeah, we saw you lurking, but didn't want to mention it

j/k

really sharp looking, especially for an 18 year old car. I like the white wheels on the frosty
CraftsmanQuad19

Post by CraftsmanQuad19 »

I really like the white on white! Welcome!
“I don’t do nothing well.” -Keith
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

sharp looking ride right there! welcome to the old school group!

we don't have discord or anything of that sort. just here and Facebook.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
GenOnceler

Post by GenOnceler »

Thanks everyone! Glad to show off the thing I've been fixing and tinkering with for so long. I get some interesting conversations from people wondering what it is, though people think it's much faster than it really is atm 😅 (maybe when the motor blows I'll put in something more, erm, powerful)

And yeah I figured this and FB were it but that's fine haha.

The white on white grew on me since originally I had black rims, but I found a good deal for these and they had brand new tires, and was cheaper than just getting new tires so I went with it and like them a lot now.