The Return of Brood X

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
joatmon

The Return of Brood X

Post by joatmon »

it sounds like some cheap horror movie, millions of swarming insects, laying dormant, biding their time, waiting for the right moment, and then returning to inflict unspeakable acts on humans. but wait, it's real!http://www.washingtonpost.com/....htmlh ... et...r.htm
ShotInTheDark

Re: The Return of Brood X (joatmon)

Post by ShotInTheDark »

I remember that in 87, ugh, gonna be a long month of may on the golf course. Might have to find an indoor hobby for the month.
joatmon

Re: The Return of Brood X (ShotInTheDark)

Post by joatmon »

Attached files
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Aaah the locusts, yes I heard about the plagues in the past. I was in D.C. in 1988 and we heard much about them, but luckily they weren't around in swarms that year. Last year we were plagued with yellow ladybugs around here. Darn things were everywhere and loved to inhabit buildings. And they hurt when they bite! I'm already seeing some of them returning and I am starting to cringe.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
joatmon

Re: The Return of Brood X

Post by joatmon »

Cicada on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ype=2Quote »Buy this Cicada NOW before everyone else on your block has one!Anybody got them yet? none here by me so far
ShotInTheDark

Post by ShotInTheDark »

southern maryland does, the ground temp up here is 2 degrees to low
joatmon

Re: The Return of Brood X (ShotInTheDark)

Post by joatmon »

I didn't get any at home this year, guess I'm too far south to be in the Brood X territory. Got a bunch of them in DC though. I'm reluctant to see how many are in the radiator. The sound that a couple hundred thousand of those things make is just like the enterprise phaser in Star Trek. Seems to be pretty much over now though.
joatmon

Re: The Return of Brood X

Post by joatmon »

its been 17 years

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland-co ... essor-says
... that Maryland will be the "epicenter" of the cicada emergence set to arrive this spring ...
... as many as 1.5 million cicadas will emerge per acre ...
I guess to be a real SyFy movie, they'd have to be combined with something more dangerous, like prianhacadia, or sharcadia