I got my baby back

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Mark

I got my baby back

Post by Mark »

I got my babyback babyback babyback

Back in 2015 I gave Frosty to my then 18 y/o daughter as a birthday/HS graduation gift. Last week she bought herself a brand new 2021 Chevy Trailblazer (have to admit I was fairly impressed with the features), and I bought Frosty back so she'd have a down payment without trading it in for less than half it's value. Driving it home I realized that the original struts were really shot, so I had all new Monroe quick-struts put on today.

Driving it home today it rode just like it did in 2006 when I first bought it (38k then). I still have some work to do on the audio and I think at least one speaker is shot, and then I'll decide whether to sell it or just hang on to it. It's pushing 196k and still doesn't use any oil and everything else still works, or mostly. The passenger side mirror won't move, and I'm sure I'll discover other little things. But I'm still happy to have her back home again.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
zbyers

Re: I got my baby back

Post by zbyers »

Awesome that you still have the vehicle in the family after all of these years. Testament to how great they actually are.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Mark wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 pm I'll decide whether to sell it or just hang on to it.
Keep it :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Mark

Post by Mark »

I realized today that I bought Frosty 15 years ago tomorrow, February 6, 2006. So far besides regular maintenance items I've replaced the starter and the struts, and that's it really. I bought it with 38k miles, so 158,000 miles of trouble free operation over 15 years. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take off in it tomorrow on a cross country road trip. I realize that 158k is just a drop in a bucket compared to some of the posters here, but it still makes me happy with my original purchase lol.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite