matrix/vibe fwd hubs same spline?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
jinx1586

matrix/vibe fwd hubs same spline?

Post by jinx1586 »

hey guys new here had my 2005 vibe now for 2 years and love it tho would love to drive a awd model and see the diff.. anyways other day had a shop look at my car cuz ive slowly gone through and replaced control arms ball joints and sway bar links along with calipers and rotors and still something doesnt feel right . some kinda of rotating mass just seemed off but i got no play in the wheel bearings so of course my head went worst case and thought "crap" its that tranny bearing that likes to go so insted of panicing lol i went to the shop and he said the bearing and hub seem to be shot (i trust the shop hes been good to my fam for 25 years )

so this bring me here i found a store listing 2005 toyota matrix complete knuckles hubs and bearings all together ready to bolt in and since i like doing alot of the work myself im wondering if they are 100% capatiable ? mostly the splines on the cv able to fit from the vibe to the matrix hub? its a good deal for the parts (189$ CAD) for both sides and since i dont have press i cant press the bearings myself anyways

so anyone able to confirm the 2005 fwd matrix hubs and knuckles and bearings will 100% bolt up to the 2005 pontiac vibe fwd front end? are they swapable?

thanks ps came here a bunch for info but never posted anything till now u all are awsome
jolt

Re: matrix/vibe fwd hubs same spline?

Post by jolt »

Looking up on Rock Auto Parts web site shows that a front hub and bearing kit for a 2005 Vibe and Matrix are the same part numbers. SKF #BR930598K and Mevotech #MB86306 are used on both 2005 Vibes and 2005 Matrix.
jinx1586

Post by jinx1586 »

sweet so there so be no issues then need bearings on both front sides and well at 190$ for complete brand new knuckles why not replace it all.... now lets hope the abs sensors come out nicely :P
Jbenrod

Post by Jbenrod »

Installing a complete knuckle hub and bearing unit all together and ready to bolt in always seemed to make sense to me for a DIY.

How many miles are on your Vibe now that requires you to rebuild part of the front end? I see you mentioned you have already replaced the control arms. I've understood that can be a pretty difficult job getting the new arm fitted into place - especially on the one side (can't remember which side though).

Would enjoy hearing how that job (replacing the control arms) went?
2005 Base - 220k
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Yes, those Moog complete hub assemblies are the same and work on the Vibe. We used them on our AWD Vibe.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe