2004 Vibe Disable Auto Door Lock

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ojm37a

2004 Vibe Disable Auto Door Lock

Post by ojm37a »

Anyone know how to disable the automatic door lock/unlock on the 2004 Vibe with 5-speed manual transmission? It's VERY ANNOYING (I'm also one of those who wants to shift gears themself and not have the automatic transmission do it for me, lol)...

Thanks,
Owen
joatmon

Re: 2004 Vibe Disable Auto Door Lock

Post by joatmon »

I don't know. In viewtopic.php?t=20246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; GMJAP and prathman posted the procedure for later auto models, might be worth trying it to see if it works. Sounds like you want mode 2. They said

1) Car in park
2) close all doors
3) dome light switch set to "door"
4) key in and turn to ON (do not start) - leave at ON
5) immediately press and hold driver's door lock switch in LOCK for 5-6 seconds.
6) Dome light flashes # times to indicate mode

remove key & repeat 4-6 to change mode.

Mode 1: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift lever
is moved out of PARK (P) with the ignition on and all
doors and liftgate closed. There is no automatic
door unlocking.
Mode 2: No automatic door locking or unlocking.
Mode 3: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift lever
doors and liftgate closed. All doors and liftgate
unlock when the shift lever is moved to PARK (P) with
the ignition on.
Mode 4: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift lever
doors and liftgate closed. All doors and liftgate
unlock when the ignition switch is turned from ON to
ACC or to LOCK. Mode 4 is the factory setting.
ojm37a

Post by ojm37a »

Thanks for the attempt. :) I tried several ways (since I don't have "PARK", I tried neutral, 1st gear, clutch-in/out, parking break on/off) and the "press lock button for 5-6 seconds", but nothing made the dome light blink and it still locks whenever I start the engine.

Other ideas?
Thanks,
Owen
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Thanks for posting back. The fact that the dome light blinked is promising. I too would like to know how to change the mode with a manual.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

My mom is...very handicapped in her ability to wait for me to unlock the doors or unlock the door herself. I'm excited to remedy this.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Weird, my 04 automatic never locks the doors for me. And I've tried using this method to activate it.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

ojm37a wrote:Thanks for the attempt. :) I tried several ways (since I don't have "PARK", I tried neutral, 1st gear, clutch-in/out, parking break on/off) and the "press lock button for 5-6 seconds", but nothing made the dome light blink and it still locks whenever I start the engine.

Other ideas?
Thanks,
Owen
Did you put your left foot in, then your left foot out, and do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around? That's what those instructions remind me of.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

jake75 wrote:Did you put your left foot in, then your left foot out, and do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around? That's what those instructions remind me of.
I love doing the "car programming hokey-pokey" dance.

I did this and set to mode 2 or 3 (whichever unlocks in park). Very pleased. I will never have to watch my parents flail madly at my door handles again.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

My 04 has never locked any time except when I hit the button. It refuses to lock with keys in the ignition, which I like. It also locks after like 30 seconds after unlocking if you don't open a door.