I'm in love! - Enkei Tuning Series Kojin wheels

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
vibenvy

I'm in love! - Enkei Tuning Series Kojin wheels

Post by vibenvy »

I had been drooling over Enkei's Performance Series Falcon wheels (hyper silver with a machined lip) since last year, but earlier this year they came out with their Tuning Series Kojin wheels (matte silver) :o! Just like the Falcons, the Kojins have a fit (18"x8" +40) that is very close to the fit of the 2009-2010 OEM Vibe GT wheels (18"x7" +39), but they are quite a bit lighter (18"x8" +40 Kojin = 20.35 lbs. / 18"x8" +40 / Falcon 25.2 = lbs.), not that I really care about how much my wheels weigh, but obviously having lighter wheels could provide some slight benefits in the area of MPGs which certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. Now the main negative, the Kojins are more expensive, but there is a seller on eBay who is selling them for $246.00 a piece plus free shipping and if you buy 4 or more wheels at once, you get 10% off the total. This works out to $885.60 for 4 wheels ($221.40 per wheel on eBay vs. $237.55 per wheel on Tire Rack). I would get tires from a local shop that I've been going to for quite a few years now and really like and trust. And that same shop would also mount and balance the wheels and tires for me.

I think the main reason I am drawn more to the Kojins is because they remind me alot of the Nex-O PX-5 wheels (IIRC, these were actually made by Enkei) I had on my Sunfires. I absolutely loved the clean, subtle look of them and I think the Kojins would look great on the Vibe just as the PX-5s did on the Sunfires....

I am pretty much just dreaming and sharing my thoughts for now. I'd love to get some new wheels to go with the new tires I am going to be getting anyway come income tax refund time, but obviously that's a lot of money to spend. I'm so indecisive sometimes :roll:! Opinions, comments, concerns, etc....?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Chiadog

Re: I'm in love! - Enkei Tuning Series Kojin wheels

Post by Chiadog »

Those 5-spokes look great on the Sunbird! But I am not a fan of them on the Vibe. I prefer split spokes or Scion TC style double spokes. Just my opinion.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Chiadog wrote:Those 5-spokes look great on the Sunbird! But I am not a fan of them on the Vibe. I prefer split spokes or Scion TC style double spokes. Just my opinion.
They're both Sunfires.

The 2009-2010 Vibe GT already has 5-spoke wheels on it and I can't imagine any other kind of wheel on it. I love 5-spoke wheels because they're so clean and simple and yet look great on just about any vehicle.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Carrie - I've been meaning to do this.

That REALLY looks good.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks Nick! Now I'm REALLY in love with these wheels :twisted:!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I'd love me some 5-spokes. The Swurves are a pain to clean up.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Hey Nick, could you do me a huge favor and 'shop the Kojins onto my mom's Vibe!?! If I get them for mine, I'll have to get them for hers as well :D!

I have it all planned out... I'll sell my wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, 20 OEM lug nuts and 4 OEM wheel locks with key for $600.00. I'll sell the same from my mom's Vibe for $550.00 (one of her wheels has some curb rash), which will give me $1150.00. I will than put $50.00 a side out of each paycheck until I have enough to get the wheels and new tires! We would have this setup by next spring no problem :cool:!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Those wheel just look good... Even on a CR-V.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Nice looking Sunfires!

I think the wheels look great too.

Okay Kitt, now show us what those cars would look like slammed!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks! I am completely in love with my Vibe, but I do still find myself missing the Sunfires sometimes :|.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Kincaid wrote:Nice looking Sunfires!

I think the wheels look great too.

Okay Kitt, now show us what those cars would look like slammed!

Ask and you shall receive!

Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Yeah Baby! That looks awesome.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).