Scion wheels

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
strangevibe

Scion wheels

Post by strangevibe »

Anyone else have Scion wheels? Wondering if there are center caps besides the Scion/Toyota ones that fit, since I have to buy a set anyway. I'd prefer something generic.
'04 Shadow GT
KITT222

Re: Scion wheels

Post by KITT222 »

Lots of members have put Scion TC rims on their Vibes. The older TCs had the 5x100 bolt pattern that the Vibe also has. The new Scion FR-S has a 5x100 bolt pattern, too. Some members may have swapped center caps, but I think others may have just put on a vinyl from grafixwerks.com.
strangevibe

Post by strangevibe »

Yeah those are the wheels that came with my car, though the caps are missing. When I looked online, the caps that go with the wheels appear to have a raised Scion logo, so I don't think a sticker would work unless maybe it's real thick. That's why I was wondering if there were blank center caps or something that fit. Thanks for the link to the sticker shop; I'll will check them out.
'04 Shadow GT
trb

Post by trb »

Parts stores used to sell thick vinyl emblems that you could stick on plain wheels to identify them as matching your car. I had some on Chevy hubcaps I put on my mom's Ford LTD. They had the emblem on the back showing through a clear covering on the front that was about 3/16" thick. They were a little over an inch in diameter.

What is the diameter of the hole in the wheel? I'm sure there are plenty of caps that will fit, you may just have to cover them with a sticker or something if they have a logo on them. You could even just cut out some acrylic pieces the size you need and silicone them in place. Of course that would require reattaching them whenever you have the tires replaced or balanced.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
PlatinumVibe08

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

strangevibe wrote:Anyone else have Scion wheels? Wondering if there are center caps besides the Scion/Toyota ones that fit, since I have to buy a set anyway. I'd prefer something generic.
If you like the looks of chrome rims, spend $60 and get some of these. I love 'em, and the whole center cap issue is solved.

2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

KITT222 wrote:The new Scion FR-S has a 5x100 bolt pattern, too.
Drat, you just HAD to mention that! Darn you, KITT, now I'm looking at FR-S wheels! :lol:
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit