Headunit Pictures

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
tfiedler

Headunit Pictures

Post by tfiedler »

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the headunit I have in my Matrix... There are three pictures, all fairly dark because I wanted to show how I thought the red of the controls really complemented the interior lights of the car. It is a Kenwood KDC-X869 with an activated Sirius account. I think this kicks (removed) by the way and although the unit plays both MP3 and WMA, I almost always listen to Sirius now. BTW, you can pay $399 for the lifetime of the tuner for activation right now, which is what I did. Anyway, here they are...

Attached files
tfiedler

Re: Headunit Pictures (tfiedler)

Post by tfiedler »

Couldn't figure out how to post them inline so here they come as attachments.. Sorry.

Attached files
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

How much did the headunit cost, aside from the $399 lifetime sirius activation?quote:Couldn't figure out how to post them inline so here they come as attachments.. Sorry.What I do is 1.upload the pic as an attachment. 2. when the new post is displayed, either: a. click on the link to the attached image. Highlight the URL in the browser's address bar and CTRL-C to copy it or b. with netscape, right click on the link to the attachment and pick "Copy Link Location"3. back at the post that had the attachment, "Edit"4. in the edit screen, click on the "Image" button" and paste the previously copied image URL between the two image tags and save the editted post.If done right the image should now be inline.
Triton

Re: Headunit Pictures (silverawd26)

Post by Triton »

That looks really good! Goes great with the interior.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
tfiedler

Re: Headunit Pictures (joatmon)

Post by tfiedler »

The HU was $460 and the Sirius antenna was $65. I paid about $100 for labor to have it all installed. The guys at Independence Audio Visual were top notch. A plus was that since the unit was installed by them, an authorized dealer, I got a 3 year warranty on the gear and a lifetime warranty on the installation.They're a full service dealer for both mobile and home AV stuff so I got to sit in a nice comfy home theater demo room and watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on a 72" plasma screen with a kick (removed) sound stage while they did the work! Man, if I had the cash to lay down for that system I'd never leave the house.
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

$295 + $24.34 CA tax (if applicable) + $19 s/h on eBayNo, this is not my aution
tfiedler

Re: Headunit Pictures (Psychobroker)

Post by tfiedler »

Yeah, and there's 4 days left on that auction. If you look at the one almost done the price has gone up to 350 and will likely go higher. There is also one with a buy it now feature for 450. In any case, I don't shop based upon lowest price. I would much rather have a reputable dealer behind me where I can return if I need service or support. Another minus to buying car stereos online is that NOT A SINGLE vendor will honor the warranty.The low price mentality, if I may get on my soapbox, is what's destroying small business in America (and the world) and consolidating power in the mega corporations. You can choose to be part of the problem if you wish, but I'll continue to support my local small businesses.
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

looks good i got the KDC-X769, they both look similar. i like mine cause the buttons are red.
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

That $295 ebay one is a "Buy it now" price, so it doesn't matter how long is left in the auction, there can't be any last minute spike in the bidding. It is, however, a reconditioned unit with only a 90 day warranty. I imagine you plan to have your trix longer than that.
tfiedler

Re: Headunit Pictures (joatmon)

Post by tfiedler »

Gosh I hope I have it longer than that! Actaully, my son will be able to get his driver's license in about 3 1/2 years so I'll probably give it to him at that time and buy me something cool like a tricycle
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

It look very nice with the 2004 dash color