How to stop wind noise from B pillar - sound insulation

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
yyamad1

How to stop wind noise from B pillar - sound insulation

Post by yyamad1 »

I always heard a little noise coming from my B pillar, it maybe that my window seals are bad, Ive seen many vibes/matrix with that molding around the window to be kinked. Anyways, I used door / hatch rubber (have no idea what they are called) seals and added them to the B pillar. I think pictures will be better at describing this.results : I really like it, makes closing doors sounds more of a THUMP, have CLD/MLV in the doors so it was already solid but these even made that better. After driving 1000miles Chicago-Denver couple of days ago, alot of it in heavy rain, the door jam is still VERY CLEAN and yes I feel like it reduced the wind noise too. the lower seal, I feel like I can trim the tip as there is no need for it to be that long, but right now the tip of the seal touches the front door and perhaps it helps in sound proofing there too.. (im sure very minimal)

Attached files
yyamad1

Re: How to stop wind noise from B pillar - sound insulation (yyamad1)

Post by yyamad1 »

picture of the door skin side

Attached files
yyamad1

Post by yyamad1 »

the seal it self , right now it is just hot glued. I want to remove the black ugly sticker underneath before I mount the seal. Always hated stickers on cars..

Attached files
yyamad1

Post by yyamad1 »

This seal is U shaped and wedges very tightly into our door skin lip. Like it was made for it. I cant get the seal to go all the way to the top of the skin, nor all the way to the bottom. But, majority is better than non. The reduction in dust/dirt collection is significant!

Attached files
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Where did you purchase your seals?
yyamad1

Re: How to stop wind noise from B pillar - sound insulation (epcIII)

Post by yyamad1 »

Had them in my garage, Im sure you can just stop by a junk yard and pick them up.