Finally got him back!

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
BLargal

Finally got him back!

Post by BLargal »

Finally got back my car after waiting over a week for the paint job he looks beautiful! I got a hand full of pictures I took but they arn't very good, my batteries were dying in the camera and it was getting dark my gf has this uber camera that's amazing so i'll have her take pictures soon when its light outside so even though the pictures arn't that good everyone meet Vibe, Victor vibe! Oh and don't mind the date my camera is all out of whack took these pictures on 3/07/11Ok is it just me or is there supposed to be white with the red...its been awhile since I had the car and I only had it a few days I can't remember if the dashboard had more white to it?This is the mat I was talking about that I made it didn't turn out half bad.They did a good job on the hood it looks brand new!The pictures don't do it justice like I said I WILL get better pictures soon but hey if someone who knows how to make cool sigs wanna make me a quick one that would be awsome. Future soon to be plans are to sound proof the back, get a new liscence plate cover, perhaps put on those blind spot mirrors not sure if I want to yet, I want a cold air intake filter put in but I don't know how...and I want a small genvibe sticker to put on the rear window but I wonder if I can get the letters or something and do it myself as I don't like to order things online...
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

What's that thing laying on the custom-made mat?
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
epcIII

Re: Finally got him back! (BLargal)

Post by epcIII »

Looks great man! Did you have it painted in Neptune, or a blue color you picked?
ponta2147

Re: (Water boy)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by Water boy »What's that thing laying on the custom-made mat?Silly southerner... that's a snow sweeper/ice scraper
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
BLargal

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by BLargal »

Just the standard blue which I guess is called neptune? Really love the color I like...wanna paint the interior dash gray parts to blue to match but I don't wanna screw something up i'm no good at these kind of things :/...like I said it was getting dark and camera was dying so i'm going to wait till its light out and have my gf take pictures with her thousand dollar camera :D. Sound proofing won't be hard from what i've seen on this site I can do that easy.And yes that is a ice/snow scraper it works wonders better then the avarage ones you get at stores. I have heard of soft/weak glass with the vibe but I haven't gotten any scratches yet plus I usually let my car warm up and then just use the brush end to take off the snow.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

its gorgeous!! Glad you got it back! Did you ever get a straight answer on the whole paint sealing thing?
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
BLargal

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by BLargal »

Yea I did I talked to my uncle Phil who dose detailing/painting/repairing cars for a living and he said 60 to 90 days is what you really wanna wait but 30 is fine to. He said it was safe to drive around until then its just a curing time for paint before the sealant which in itself is just a very very high grade of protection/wax for the car. Oh and it dose have a moon roof by the way couldn't get a picture of that as my camera died, one thing I will miss from the rental is heated seats I wonder how much those will be to put in? But first putting in sound proofing for the rear of the car and blind spot mirrors after that well nothing for awhile it will stay basic stock for awhile as I have not that much money because i'm moving to another apt soon. I do however want to paint the cover of the engine blue to match (maybe yellow with the calipers?) anyone have any recomondations on what kind of paint to use?
vibenvy

Re: (BLargal)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BLargal »Finally got back my car after waiting over a week for the paint job he looks beautiful!Looks great ! I love the color! Glad you got it back and can finally enjoy driving it.Quote, originally posted by BLargal »Ok is it just me or is there supposed to be white with the red...its been awhile since I had the car and I only had it a few days I can't remember if the dashboard had more white to it?That's exactly what my gauges look like. They are very bright at night, and actually during the day as well .Quote, originally posted by BLargal »I want a cold air intake filter put in but I don't know how...and I want a small genvibe sticker to put on the rear window but I wonder if I can get the letters or something and do it myself as I don't like to order things online...I responded to your comment about a CAI in this thread.As far as the GenVibe decal goes, everyone here orders them from Grafx Werks. Unfortunately, if you want this stuff for your Vibe, you'll pretty much have to order it online as it can't really be found anywhere else. Quote, originally posted by Water boy »What's that thing laying on the custom-made mat?Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Silly southerner... that's a snow sweeper/ice scraper LOL!Quote, originally posted by BLargal »Really love the color I like...wanna paint the interior dash gray parts to blue to match but I don't wanna screw something up i'm no good at these kind of things :/Talk to Michelle (ponta2147) about this topic. She has painted quite a few of the silver interior pieces red in her '09. I'm sure she'd be more then willing to give you some helpful hints.Quote, originally posted by BLargal »I do however want to paint the cover of the engine blue to match (maybe yellow with the calipers?) anyone have any recomondations on what kind of paint to use?As far as painting the engine cover, you may want to check these out as a possible alternative. If you do decide to just paint the engine cover, I would suggest DupliColor engine paint to withstand the heat of the engine bay. Also, since the engine cover is plastic, I would recommend first using DupliColor adhesion promoter so the paint won't crack, peel, flake, etc.As far as painting the calipers, in my opinion yellow would be a little too much, but it's your Vibe and you'll be the one looking at it everyday. I used DupliColor's brush on caliper paint kit in black and it works and looks great. Very easy to use. Comes with everything you need and one kit will be more then enough to do all four calipers.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
rAERRK

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Silly southerner... that's a snow sweeper/ice scraper i was actually thinking of asking the same question
BLargal

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by BLargal »

thanks for all the links I think i've seen a few of them around this site and when I get to the points where i'm going to do it (when the weather gets warmer) i'll make sure to send them a message or re check the links at what I can get and all that. I can always use my friends card online and pay him in cash like I have been with other things. Today's job is going to be simple, apply blind spot mirrors (might go up to aco or something and paint the surrounding edge blue first before putting them on) and one is already done as the side panel (where the seat belt is) under it the panel was coming off and I actually figured out out to put it on so tis all good :D.
Wolfman213

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »i was actually thinking of asking the same question hahaha!!! I guess when you live in one place all your life, there are just some things you get used to. I hardly even glanced at it and knew what it was. But I guess it makes sense that ppl that don't see snow would have no clue what that is.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BLargal

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by BLargal »

Indeed though i'm sort of hoping I wont need it again and that winter is mostly over with...since my boss seems to think i'm as of late content working till 8AM on my midnight shifts (I work two midnights two afternoons a week) I go home go to bed and get about 8 hours of sleep after waking up at 6pm....I can't wait to see the sun again its really starting to depress me....and since I keep waking up when the sun is just about down I haven't had time to install the blind spot mirrors and prepare getting the sound proofing ready *sighs*
joshuaeb09

Post by joshuaeb09 »

Love the paint job looks awesome. And I practically live at night lol. I wake up at like 3 in the afternoon. so like 4 hours of daylight anytime I want to work on the car I have to stay up really late/early or force myself up on the weekends.
2009 Silver Vibe GT AutomaticI/H/E/Unichip @ 93octaneMy Garage : http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=43521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gone (Sold)
2005 Expedition Limited 2WD|4R75W 4SPD Auto|3.73 Gears|I/E|5Star Tuned@ 91|3" Lift/Level - Current Ride
BLargal

Re: (joshuaeb09)

Post by BLargal »

I know what you mean josh thats why I can't wait for summer to come so I can see the sun again! And I had to open my big mouth....its snowing outside..again...*sighs* gotta love michigan!
Houston

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by BLargal »my mom is a school bus driver so I got it for free...Were I you, I'd go back and delete the part quoted here. If the wrong person saw that, your mom could be in a heap of trouble.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by BLargal » I have heard of soft/weak glass with the vibe but I haven't gotten any scratches yetLucky you.. Be careful.. Mine scratched all to heck and has little pecks all in it.. Annoying when the sun is shining towards me.