Chinese 2 DIN GPS/Stereo

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Thunderscreech

Chinese 2 DIN GPS/Stereo

Post by Thunderscreech »

Hey guys! I'm glad I didn't buy the Jensen unit I mentioned in the other thread, I just found this:http://www.armatexx.eu/consume....htmlLooks pretty intriguing, and there's a lot of people over on some forums that seem to really dig them. Anyone else here know about these? Seems like a wicked deal.
2003 Bare Bones
joatmon

Re: Chinese 2 DIN GPS/Stereo (Thunderscreech)

Post by joatmon »

looks interesting for a low priceDoesn't seem to come with one, how much will a GPS application cost?since you can't use the DVB-T in north america, is there a cheaper model that provides most of the rest of the functions, just doesn't do the DVB-T?
Thunderscreech

Re: Chinese 2 DIN GPS/Stereo (joatmon)

Post by Thunderscreech »

No idea how much a GPS application costs, I'll find out more when I work through that stuff. I asked about the DVB-T and they don't seem to have another model that subtracts it and cuts the cost, not as far as I know, but that's a good idea. I think this is sort of already the entry-level one (equipped with the 800x480 screen, that is) but I'll verify before I purchase.I am super intrigued by this and if I get it, I'll report back with pictures and progress.
2003 Bare Bones
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I think the problem I saw with something similar for the MS3 was getting the gps stuff for your area. Meh it can be said, you get what you pay for.
Thunderscreech

Post by Thunderscreech »

I would agree that you 'get what you pay for', except that I've seen plenty of Alpine/Kenwood/etc decks that suggest it's quite possible to pay quite a bit without getting much at all. :DGetting maps for my area isn't the problem, I've found that there are programs like iGo that will work on this just fine and have a bevy of features, I just don't know which program to buy/get/watch 'fall off a truck'/etc.The big missing data for me with this purchase is seeing video of it in action. There are a couple on youtube, but they're just short clips that edit away before you cna really see how fast/slow the UI is. I'll video mine as well when I get it so future potential buyers will know, heh.
2003 Bare Bones