Rear ended by a mac truck

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
spiffy1001

Rear ended by a mac truck

Post by spiffy1001 »

Yesterday I got rear ended by a MAC Truck in my 3 week old '09 Vibe. It was stop and go traffic on the freeway, I stopped, he goed. Anyway, he hit my going about 20 MPH. The hatch is screwed up amd my rear window is now a million little pieces, but the sides are not damaged AT ALL! I was very impressed by how well the car held up.Thought I would share a pic for all who are interested.

Attached files
'09 Base with slight damage in the back.
Herb

Re: Rear ended by a mac truck (spiffy1001)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by spiffy1001 »Yesterday I got rear ended by a MAC Truck in my 3 week old '09 Vibe. It was stop and go traffic on the freeway, I stopped, he goed. Anyway, he hit my going about 20 MPH. The hatch is screwed up amd my rear window is now a million little pieces, but the sides are not damaged AT ALL! I was very impressed by how well the car held up.Thought I would share a pic for all who are interested. Wow, that's quite a hit. I'm glad you're OK
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Glad your ok !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Phew, you got whacked pretty hard. Are you okay, any neck pain or anything? Seems like you must have got nailed. Totalled? Welcome to the forum, btw
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Glad you are ok, sucks about the car. Welcome, btw.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Glad you're ok. Fingers crossed that the Vibe will be ok too.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
spiffy1001

Post by spiffy1001 »

Thanks, I don't know about being OK. The reason I bought the Vibe is because My Saturn L300 got totaled 4 weeks ago. That threw my back out of alignment and has been giving me mild pain ever since. The good news is I have a CT scan and an MRI from 2 weeks ago so if there is a change I will know. :-)I think the car will be fine, it is just back hatch that is damaged, but if it is a total loss it won't be a big deal. I still have my research, I can go back to the same dealer and salesperon and say, let's do it again (I bought the GAP insurance from GMAC.) That would also give me a chance to get the fold flat passenger seat that I was so excited about, until I got home and realized it was an option I didn't request. :-(
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

wow i know houston traffic is crazy ive almost been hit a few times in it thats why im happy i work away from the major highways in houston
2010 vibe gt
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I would stop driving now... lol.. 2 cars in less than 2mo... WOW dude... LOL... Glad you are ok, Welcome to GV BTW.. 20mph from behind by a rig is no joke... I bet you are one stiff sore guy (or girl)
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

Hope you are ok.What a bummer. Might be a total.Is that one of those Smart Cars to left ofVibe?Wouldn't want to get hit in one of those.LOL
BlueCrush

Re: (schroeder)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by schroeder »Hope you are ok.What a bummer. Might be a total.Is that one of those Smart Cars to left ofVive?Wouldn't want to get hit in one of those.LOLX2LOL @ the Smart Car comment!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bodhi_tree777

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

definitely some baby gear in that garage, glad that the li'l one wasn't aboard when this happened (or if they were you didn't mention it).
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

glad your ok
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
spiffy1001

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by spiffy1001 »

Yeah, neither one of the little guys was in the car. (Very lucky - my youngest is 2 weeks old.)But since you noticed the baby gear I'll share another picture with you. My oldest son wants to be doing whatever I am doing, so when I was washing the Vibe a couple weeks ago he found a small sponge - pushed out his 'smart car' and alternated between washing his car and mine.

Attached files
bodhi_tree777

Re: (spiffy1001)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by spiffy1001 »Yeah, neither one of the little guys was in the car. (Very lucky - my youngest is 2 weeks old.)But since you noticed the baby gear I'll share another picture with you. My oldest son wants to be doing whatever I am doing, so when I was washing the Vibe a couple weeks ago he found a small sponge - pushed out his 'smart car' and alternated between washing his car and mine. any word from your insurance on how they're handling the little ding in your hatch?
spiffy1001

Re: (schroeder)

Post by spiffy1001 »

No, not totaled, lucky it was a new car. Progressive said that they found approx. $4,800 exterior damage. He said they expect another $3-4k in hidden damages, but the frame of the car is fine and there is no reason to total such a new car.On a side note, during my last accident I dealt with 21st Century Insurance (mine) and Allstate Insurance (theirs). Both were cheapskate companies that did everything possible to make my claims experience more miserable than it needs to be. Progressive is the insurer of the guy who hit my Vibe, they know what they are doing and are absolutely on the ball! I went to their Claim Center, while they worked up the assessment they brought me drinks and answered all my questions. I told them the shop I wanted to use, I took my car there, and a few minutes later my adjuster picked me up at the shop and drove me to Enterprise where I signed paperwork for my rent car. They didn't force me into an economy car either, I got my pick of the lot (a G6)! I'm switching to Progressive, it will cost me an extra $140 / year. Well worth it if you get into an accident every month! :-)
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by spiffy1001 »No, not totaled, lucky it was a new car. Progressive said that they found approx. $4,800 exterior damage. He said they expect another $3-4k in hidden damages, but the frame of the car is fine and there is no reason to total such a new car.Make sure they check your seat brackets. Mine was damaged when I was rear ended last year.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

Glad to hear you are getting fast service.The main thing is to make sure you're ok.Take care of your self.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

As a lawyer, I can tell you that what Progressive is doing makes a lot of sense. If they tick you off all of a sudden you are going to think that you have some neck/back pain etc. that might be due to the accident and subconsciously try to get even with the insurance company. I think Progressive knows that if they treat you right, you will teat them right.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
spiffy1001

Re: (jake75)

Post by spiffy1001 »

In case anyone is interested the final tally from my shop was $6,422.11. If everything comes in on time and they have no problems they will have it fixed by the 26th.
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Make sure the shop gets it done right. I hate city traffic. Makes it too easy to get dinged. At least no one was badly injured. Watch your 6!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

How did the repair come out? Pics?
glennpert

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by glennpert »

You should see a chiropractor...they specialize in back pain associated with motor vehicle accidents. The vibe loos pretty banged up, but not that bad considering what you got hit by.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I'm always freaked out by riding anywhere NEAR those things. I pass em quickly or ride it out good ways behind em.
vibolista

Re: Rear ended by a mac truck (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by vibolista »

Spiffy hasn't reported in about his accident since last year. Hope he's Ok.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires