What do you guys think?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
cptnsolo77

What do you guys think?

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Was on tirerack browsing for wheels & stumbled across these:http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...Brand
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Amtron

Re: What do you guys think? (cptnsolo77)

Post by Amtron »

I like those, I think they'd look really good on the Vibe!
Kamikaze

Re: What do you guys think? (Amtron)

Post by Kamikaze »

What size are you thinking of going, I see they are available in a 16 and 17.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

hmm... not to heavy for a "budget" wheel... I approve.. lol.. I like the C6 and the ZP models myself..
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Tried to get my son to buy a set of those F7s in 17". I think they would look really good on a Vibe. They are very similar to the Canadian TRD 5 spoke 17 inch option wheel... pictured below, from one genvibe member that put them on his Vibe.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thanks for the pic, I like the way they look.You guys might laugh but im looking at the 16s cause I just want a nicer looking wheel without having to buy new tires. Just keeping it simple, not looking for a show stopper. I like the way 5 spokes look on the Vibe.I REALLY like these, but I would have to get 18" tires so I thought the sport edition spoke design comes pretty close.http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...BrandAlso like these, but I dont think they look as clean as the Sport Editions: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...BrandThanks Sub, Im flattered to have your approval lol
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
vibolista

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibolista »

For the same price, you could go with a 17" Sport Edition F7 and a nice set of 225/50 17 tires, or just a set of OZs without tires. The 225/50 17s look mighty nice in the wheel well. Son's 05 with new wheel/tires
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Thanks for the pic, I like the way they look.You guys might laugh but im looking at the 16s cause I just want a nicer looking wheel without having to buy new tires. Just keeping it simple, not looking for a show stopper. I like the way 5 spokes look on the Vibe.I REALLY like these, but I would have to get 18" tires so I thought the sport edition spoke design comes pretty close.http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...BrandAlso like these, but I dont think they look as clean as the Sport Editions: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...BrandThanks Sub, Im flattered to have your approval lolThere is nothing wrong with 16's... But if you are going to upgrade the wheels, don't you think you deserve some fresh skins too.. lol.. lol@the approval.. anyone can get anything they like, I just might have things to say about it is all... and we all know what opinions are like.. lol.. I'm a fan of the darker wheels (AJ's with the black wheels, hot)
KrazyB

Post by KrazyB »

I think those would look good on the vibe.
gimmegimme

Post by gimmegimme »

I like them...... says the guy who has a set.
keithvibe

Re: (gimmegimme)

Post by keithvibe »

I like my sport editions now that i painted them.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thx for the pic gimmie looks great. Also Keith which sport editions are those? Thats the first time I have seen them.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

they are "E1"From what i know they are discontinued http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...Paint
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Neouka

Re: What do you guys think? (vibolista)

Post by Neouka »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Tried to get my son to buy a set of those F7s in 17". I think they would look really good on a Vibe. They are very similar to the Canadian TRD 5 spoke 17 inch option wheel... pictured below, from one genvibe member that put them on his Vibe. hey that's my car :D
03 Abyss Base, not 5 .. 6spd!2012 Focus soon...
vibolista

Re: What do you guys think? (Neouka)

Post by vibolista »

Yea that's your car! Great looking wheels on it, too! Wish Toyota had offered those TRD's here in the 'States'.
Neouka

Re: What do you guys think? (vibolista)

Post by Neouka »

I thought they did? It was called the TRD Matrix here, which was basically an XR trix with the silly spoiler, the wheels and a TRD sticker.My understanding the same thing was called the B-Spec Matrix in the USA?
03 Abyss Base, not 5 .. 6spd!2012 Focus soon...