New 2009 Vibe - On the way!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lencurrie

New 2009 Vibe - On the way!!

Post by lencurrie »

Well after doing lots of shopping around for the requirement that I wanted.. a 4 door hatch with sunroof and good gas mileage.. I'm extremely pumped to get my vibe this Saturday!Attached is a pic of my new baby..My previous car was a Cobalt SS Supercharged so it's going to be quite a 'power change' going to a 1.8L vibe.. but I won't give a rats *** when I drive past the gas station 3 times as much!Looking forward to enhancing the look of it.. ie: new rims/tires.. and keeping up with everyone here.Talk to you all later!

Attached files
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

congrats...didn't know they offer sunroof for the 1.8L vibes now.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
808 Vibes

Re: (lowincash)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats!! She's gorgeous
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
goochsmooch

Re: New 2009 Vibe - On the way!! (lencurrie)

Post by goochsmooch »

Quote, originally posted by lencurrie »My previous car was a Cobalt SS Supercharged so it's going to be quite a 'power change' going to a 1.8L vibe.. but I won't give a rats *** when I drive past the gas station 3 times as much!I have the same car, and you will definitely be happy with the mileage... IF you drive it gently. I've found that if you drive it with some spirit and rev to 5 or 6 thousand RPM's before shifting, the mileage is depressing. I can draw nearly 600km's out of a tank if I treat the pedals like egg shells, but if I drive to keep up with all the pickup trucks out here, I can get as little as 360 km's a tank.Still, I'm loving my Vibe and I'm sure you will too! Good luck.
2009 1.8L Vibe - Manual
sox

Re: (lowincash)

Post by sox »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »congrats...didn't know they offer sunroof for the 1.8L vibes now.My 07 1.8 has one LC.
vibedrivermatt

Re: New 2009 Vibe - On the way!! (lencurrie)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Congrats!! it looks great!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats and welcome!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
lencurrie

Post by lencurrie »

hey all! Hmm.. I need to put on a setting which alerts me whenever someone emails or responds to a thread.. I had no idea of all these responses!Anyhow.. I got my new vibe and I'm in love.. I'm currently trying to find and do a few 'mods' to my liking.. namely:1. get a rubber mat for the bumper fascia or whatever it's called to protect the paint when you put things in the trunk ($60)2. check into a roof rack.. I just like the look ($250)3. get some license plate plugs for the front($15?).. here in PEI we dont' need one in the front and I like the clean look.. I think the dealer should be able to help me out with that.4. figure out how much it would cost to get a new double din unit to replace my very basic non-mp3 playing unit. I thought it did play mp3's.. too bad. This would also add bluetooth which I would love to have as an option.($1000?)5. my two winter mods - heated seats ($100 per) and auto-start($99). this year will only be the auto-start.. but next year...oh yeah baby!! Yep.. I'm going to be busy
safooma

Post by safooma »

Congrats! If you got the vibe because of gas mileage, you shouldn't be disappointed. I am getting around 33mpg average in daily driving and a best of almost 39....and it keeps getting better the more I drive it(12k miles so far). Check the link in my sig to see my gas mileage journey so far.I am going to change to synthetic at my next oil change--I hope to pick up another 10-20% in mpg gain with that.One tip...the paint on these cars SUCKS. I have an 09 and i already have at least 20 dings in the paint. Wax early and wax often. I have found that a good coat of wax can help quite a bit.Enjoy!
Silver 2009 Base 1.8 5spdMPG info for my vibe: http://www.cleanmpg.com/index....=2758
jake75

Re: (safooma)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by safooma »I am going to change to synthetic at my next oil change--I hope to pick up another 10-20% in mpg gain with that.Enjoy!And when my wife gets back from the beauty parlor today I hope . . . well you get the drift! [Sort of like the elevator joke.]
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."