Anyone

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Kevzaz

Anyone

Post by Kevzaz »

Ever use VERY VERY high class wax? As inorI wanna get some, but it costs so much so I am wondering if it worth the hype.Oh, and FYI Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax is $85 and Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax is $130 and 1 free refill.
Whelan

Re: Anyone (Kevzaz)

Post by Whelan »

To be 100% honest, they do not offer much more than the type of carnuba in them. A product like Pinnacle will be a more pure or better quality Carnuba, while a Fuzion is more of a blend synthetic/carnuba probably. I'm not gonna lie that the new synthetic waxes like NXT from Meguiar's does a fantastic job on newer paints.The only thing I would recommend over NXT or Gold Class Carnuba would be Meguiar's #16 paste wax. This stuff is legendary with car enthusiasts, especially those with classics. It isn't made anymore due to VOC requirements but can still be found for sale by privates, it's a rare find. And when it is around, people stock up. You can't get it in stores. It is a blend of carnuba and special exotic waxes and this stuff takes beading of water to a new level. Power wash your car after a wax like this and the water literally jumps off the car.It's available at this UK car site right now actuallyhttp://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/....htmlAnd this guy on Craigslisthttp://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/765885307.html
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Nice. Ya, the Pinnacle is a very high quality carnuba wax. And the Fuzion is a blend. Good guess. But still, I saw results of the proper use of both these waxes and it was ungodly.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

That's some expensive wax.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Cars get driven (most of them anyway) so keeping them with high dollor wax like that is silly if you ask me... I know you are not, though.. A Mothers or Megs 1-2-3 system is plenty, espically for the Vibe... it's not a bimmer..
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Well, I do it as a side job. So, I want to be able to provide the best for my customers. But I don't know if they would be willing to pay the extra money for the extra shine.
Kamikaze

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by Kamikaze »

I would offer it as an option, but I think the only people that would want to use it are the people with the exotics, and not every day drivers...Maybe offer it, find out how long it would take to get so you can first give a heads up that you do not carry this stuff in stock, and you would have to special order it before you could wax their car with it.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Ya, that would be the plan. My boss has a brand new Cadillac SRX. Maybe she would want me to use the wax on it.
Whelan

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by Whelan »

Jay Leno probably has his carriage house detailer use this on his cars because they are hardly driven. He actually pays a guy to drive the cars in a rotation to keep them operational. This would be for the cars that are parked on carpets and soft tiles to keep the tires fresh, lol. For the daily, it's kinda unecessary. But if you wanna use it, do a $25-50 upcharge for the product. But don't offer it to everyone as some people will think that using the other products is inferior.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT