Actual gas mileage

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
jsimon63

Post by jsimon63 »

When I was checking into replacement tires, I found that same issue. The tripple treads do not get the gas mileage, but are suppose to be a fantastic all season tire. I tried Michelin X-Ice on the Metro and my mileage did not change and I was highly impressed with the traction! That Metro was a tank in the snow! On the Vibes, I just went with an all out snow tires (Winterforce) and another set for summer. Mileage did not suffer much at all with Winterforce tires. For best mileage, shop tires completely! RESEACH RESEACH!
04 Salsa Monotone base, SUPERCHARGED! Auto trans , 6 disc 200w stereo, Alloys, K&N filter, Moons and Tunes, Silver Stars in both fog and head lights, And now Magnilow Cat back exhaust! 06 Lava Monotone Base Auto trans, 200w single disc XM, On-star Alloys, Moons and Tunes Loaded 96 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Built trans #0 fuel plate and secret adjustments!
pick41

Re: (jsimon63)

Post by pick41 »

had it about 3 weeks now, 6 tanks of fuel. with the car in my sig, all mixed driving.Worst - 25.2Best - 31.2Ave - 27.5
Pick2004 AT, AWD, Moon & Tune2006 - Mazda5 Touring1998 CBR 900RR RIP 10/97-8/08
Kamikaze

Re: (pick41)

Post by Kamikaze »

I've given up for a while... it is what it is...I'll be more happy just driving the car than to worry if I'm getting stellar MPG's...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
st_pinetree

Post by st_pinetree »

I just went through the first tank on my new to me 03 GT. 33 mpg driving mostly highway 45 mi each way to work tried to keep it at 65. Now I'm about half way through the second tank and have been driving more aggresively, hitting lift regularly when accelerating to a cruising speed of about 75. We'll see what damage that does.
2003 GT-Neptune, Moon & TunesMods: KN drop in, Magnaflow exhaust, dead dash beeper, removed cross bars.ordered: brass shifter bushings, new lift bolts
jake75

Re: (st_pinetree)

Post by jake75 »

My brother just got a 2008 Toyota Avalon Limited - a full size car with a V6 and 6 speed AT.His report on last trip -"With a trip from Dayton to Mansfield and back, some driving within Columbus and Dayton...our actual mileage was 31.5 MPG. This was very close to the car's computer estimate."That was 360 miles - about 340 of which was freeway. Makes me wonder why I bother driving a 4 cyl Vibe.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jsimon63

Re: (jake75)

Post by jsimon63 »

Well, I just got back from 1300 mile round trip To pa and back to Indiana. Running 70+ miles an hour. no hypermiling and i got a best of 35.9 MPG... In Supercharged excitment! I drove it normal. Ran the snot out of it getting back on the highway at rest stops! Driving the same way just in the mountains, I got 34.7 mpg. And with A/C running bustin pretty good to get home and in some rain, I got a worst of 31.9 MPG! Not bad at all for being supercharged auot trans!! So now we have some Supercharged numbers to go by! Check out the scan gauge on some flat areas of western Pa on return trip. And check the miles traveled on 1/2 tank.

Attached files
04 Salsa Monotone base, SUPERCHARGED! Auto trans , 6 disc 200w stereo, Alloys, K&N filter, Moons and Tunes, Silver Stars in both fog and head lights, And now Magnilow Cat back exhaust! 06 Lava Monotone Base Auto trans, 200w single disc XM, On-star Alloys, Moons and Tunes Loaded 96 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Built trans #0 fuel plate and secret adjustments!
vibebob

Post by vibebob »

I get 25-27 around town and 33-35 on the highway, I do have non-stock wheels and tires, not sure how/if that'll affect mileage.
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
jsimon63

Post by jsimon63 »

After market wheels and tires don't matter if sized right. The diameter is what counts
WD0AFQ

Post by WD0AFQ »

You guys better watch out tryng to stretch the mileage figures, like a fisherman telling his story. A TV reporter may ask you to prove your numbers. Just ask Joe.Dan
Dan GreggDexter, Mo.03 GThttp://www.danandteri.blogspot.com
jsimon63

Re: (WD0AFQ)

Post by jsimon63 »

Well, I guess I need to explain the post by Dan. Hahaha! I got a call this morning from our local news Channel 8 Wish-TV in INDY. It seems that they wanted to find some information on scan gauages and other goodies sold to help your mileage. They did a search and came up with our very own Genvibe! So the media is watchin' us, keep those numbers real! They came up to the house, interviewed me on what I thought of the scan gauge and rode with me to see it in action. I answered some questions about how I drive to get my best numbers and asked me what I thought of some items purchased at the auto parts store that will increase your mileage. Some where good, some where gimmicks. I gave my honest opinion about all these and the scan gauage even told them that even if you get a scan gauage to not let it be a distraction. Come on now, you know you watch that thing way more then ya should! So, Now that I dropped a few names on TV, Genvibe, Scangauge, Lucus, Mobile one and Dan hahahaha So... keep it real, the media is watching what we do, how we do it, and are passing our knowlege along to the public! No applause... just throw money!
WD0AFQ

Post by WD0AFQ »

Good show my man. I still say the Scanguage will help folks improve their mileage more than any other item sold. No magic, it just keeps your attention on saving fuel. Wish they made one for my motorhome. Will just have to keep using the vacuum gauge on that beast.Dan, who now knows a real celebrity
jsimon63

Re: (WD0AFQ)

Post by jsimon63 »

Dan, who knows a real celebrity, Be sure to keep us posted on your gas mileage on your trip across the country. You could almost post in real time what you are getting and in what kind of weather and road conditions. If you are bringing the coach home, remember, you can't post the numbers while the GT is hooked to the back... eyes are watching! hahaha! have a safe trip!
WD0AFQ

Post by WD0AFQ »

Ok Joe. I had not thought about that. We will leave here Sunday afternoon for a 2400 mile trip to the Pacific Northwest in an effort to re-engauge the Vibe to the back of the motorhome. When I can get Teri to drive I will put the numbers up or at least post them on our blog. Since we are traveling 2 lane roads out there we should get some good numbers, even running air. I will coast down the west side of Montrose pass, in Co. That should add to the numbers. The Vibe will be heavily loaded though so 30 mpg may be tops. We will see.Dan