Monotone Price Decrease

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MA-VIBE-FAN

Monotone Price Decrease

Post by MA-VIBE-FAN »

Just heard that effective the 15th of August, the price of the Monotone Package is being lowered to $325. This is because of the increase in plant capacity. They are also making the reduction effective on in stock units. Don't know if it applies to Canada.
2fatty

Re: Monotone Price Decrease (MA-VIBE-FAN)

Post by 2fatty »

did they add a new wing to the plant? Maybe a night shift, or maybe they hired a load of Japanese Beavers! (gotta love the simpsons)
masonjl

Re: Monotone Price Decrease (2fatty)

Post by masonjl »

anyone know what it would cost to buy the monotone kit to put on a two-tone car that is already made???
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
Chazb

Re: Monotone Price Decrease (masonjl)

Post by Chazb »

You are kidding masonjl,because all they do is paint the plastic the same color as the rest of your car.
ShaneV

Re: Monotone Price Decrease (Chazb)

Post by ShaneV »

Actually the plastic is different. The monotone plastic is smoother, there is debate on how long the paint would last on the non monotone plastic. The 2 closests dealers around here said they wouldnt do it because the paint wouldnt stick.
Jedi mind tricks dont work on me!I think ?!?!?!?!?!
Chazb

Re: Monotone Price Decrease (ShaneV)

Post by Chazb »

A lot of cars have plastic bumpers and plastic over a lot of area's of there car,my saturn was almost all plastic and I never had a paint problem.The plastic cladding on the monotone is smoother because they sand it that way otherwise your paint would be rough looking and not match the rest of the car.
ShaneV

Post by ShaneV »

I would guess that the actually make to plastic different and not sand it down after the fact. that would be too labor intensive, but I could be wrong.
Jedi mind tricks dont work on me!I think ?!?!?!?!?!
masonjl

Post by masonjl »

thanks guys, i knew i wasn't crazy cause i had asked my girlfriend's father who is in charge of the body shop at a GM dealer and he said he couldn't nor wouldn't paint it. the paint wouldn't stick.....so we are thinking of warrantying the parts for black ones.....
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!