Introduction

Quebec & Montreal
xcanuk

Introduction

Post by xcanuk »

Figured I'd introduce myself here first, nice to see other Montrealers around. I should be ordering a 2006 Base Vibe on Monday, still working on the option list. (wouldn't mind the GT, but the car has to be automatic, for the wife)This will be her grocery getter, but considering she only put 37K on her last car in 14 years, I'll have to spend some time in the Vibe to get it going. Plans are to customize it a bit with Rims, spoilers, tint and then play with the airflow (aircharger and exhaust)I'm more of a truck guy (see my homepage) but looking forward to playing with a car again. I'll watch for local meets.I'll also have about a dozen questions soon, so bare with mec
Vibe club, but I drive a Caliber, go figure
fredfreedom

Re: Introduction (xcanuk)

Post by fredfreedom »

Hi! Welcome in. Bienvenue parmi nous!Fred:-)
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Salut et bienvenue! Welcome to the gang! Looking forward to seeing you and the wife at our meets
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Welcome! so what color are you getting? oh and post some pics if ya can
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome! and the newer GT isn't that much of a power gain (other than a 6 MT fun factor) than the base vibes. so you're probably not gonna miss all that much.... (to make yourself feel better LOL)
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
xcanuk

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by xcanuk »

Thanks for the welcome.We came close to getting the Caliber, but there seems to be a bunch of first year problems with them, plus the wife also liked the Vibe test drive. We're interested in the black/black base model with a sunroof. I prefer the steel rims (for winter tires) and them pick up something nicer for our summers. The rest of the options will follow according to 2006 inventory. Have to look at a set of vent shades for the windows, a spoiler for the rear window (if the shape creates a downdraft to keep the rear window clear, very useful on the suv's I've had) I'll also have to see how I can use netting to create a dog barrier for the pups (another spin off from my xterra) Already decided I have to swap out that small centre console I'm slightly mechanically inclined, with a good size garage and enough tools for most jobs, so I'll offer a good helping hand for any local mod days.BTW, nice site with enough reading for the next few days.
Thewhite

Post by Thewhite »

welcome on GenVibe!! with our winter, I suggests you the AWD if you want to give yourself and your wife more stability and traction. Plus, some comments I read was that there isn't a big difference for the rear windows with or without the spoilers package, the mid and the top one. I think it's Hope (trdvibe) who told me that. that's why I backed out of that mod. Anyway, we'll probably see each other soon.
'03 Vibe StandardFast Wheel Talon 17x7 Toyo Proxes T1-S 225/45Magnaflow Cat backDevelop's Strut Tower Brace
xcanuk

Re: (Thewhite)

Post by xcanuk »

Initially considered the AWD, but I still have my Xterra for real snow days, the wife barely goes anywhere past the local malls. I'm more intersted in the cargo space of the Vibe (2 dogs and very renovation inclined) plus the mpg isn't going to hurt for my daily commutes.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

welcome! I would like to see your home page but i don't know where it is. I hope your wife enjoys the vibe.
xcanuk

Re: Introduction (scherry2)

Post by xcanuk »

Its listed in my profile, orhttp://www.geocities.com/x_canuk
POLO

Post by POLO »

Welcome aboard my friend The Montreal gang start growing I check your site,you have a nice xterra
miked

Post by miked »

Welcome to the gang of crazy Québecooois, as said by Paul Tracy.Looking toward to meet you and if you're looking toward getting a cold air short ram intake for your 06 let me know, I've got a Cosmo short ram laying around in the basement.Miked
'05 Moonstone, 5 Spd sunroof, power pkg, 16'' mags
ArcsVibe

Re: Introduction (miked)

Post by ArcsVibe »

I smell another install meet
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

xcanuk

Re: Introduction (ArcsVibe)

Post by xcanuk »

(face turns red, bows head in shame)Went in Monday to place the order, got the call today, there are no local Vibes 2006 that match, they could get one from Ontario if I pay transport costs Alternative, wait towards the end of the month and order a 2007 Vibe. Salesman refunds my deposite, tells me to think about it and to return in a few weeks (or when he gets confirmation of delivery.shippments for 2007. (while dissappointed, I leave impressed at the same time)Next stop, Toyota Matrix, they are already receiving 2007's, odd, but in any case, the wife finds the Matrix "Puffy" Strange as well, a 2007 Matrix vs a 2006 Vibe (built up to be equal using MRSP) is actually cheaper.Last stop (because the wife wants a car NOW), Dodge, Caliber... OK, salesrep is willing to deal on a RX (awd) versus a SXT (non existant inventoty 8 wks min. delivery) long story short, he's got less than 2 weeks to find a Black RX with a sunroof, anything found with more options gets to haggled over, "if" accepted at all.Looks like this whole thing is postponed for 2 weeks, if no Caliber. return to Pontiac..and then wait a further week or two.Thanks again for the welcome, although pre-mature, hell, no matter what I drive, I'd still go for a meet and buy you all a coffee to say the least.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

how much would shipping from Ontario be? If its a lot just make the drive there and pick it up yourself. I used to drive from Woodstock ON to MTL QC all the time in like 5.5 hours... just me and the radio for company on the drive.Welcome to the club btw and doesn't matter what you end up with, we'll still talk to ya
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
xcanuk

Re: Introduction (Mavrik)

Post by xcanuk »

Its official, I'm on the dark side and going to be driving a Black Caliber RX on Tusday. I'll still swing by. and I'll watch for your meets anyway. I'm serious on the coffee
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Ah well I'm sure the boys will wanna take a look at that to
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
miked

Re: Introduction (Mavrik)

Post by miked »

It's sure we'll take you and your Caliber with us.
'05 Moonstone, 5 Spd sunroof, power pkg, 16'' mags
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

hey welcome....good choice on the Vibe bro..I'm one of the few who don't like the caliber....as for black base..:
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
xcanuk

Re: Introduction (miked)

Post by xcanuk »

Once again, you guys impress me BTW, if any of you guys want to do that A/C pipe mod (in the engine bay) let me know and I'll bring the material with me whenever we meet. Commercial version, self seal, so you won't need any zipties nor tape to attach it. (It will look factory)
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

We look forward to seeing and meeting you at one of our meets!
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06