Help (advice) any New Hampshire Vibers?!

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
MailGuy!

Help (advice) any New Hampshire Vibers?!

Post by MailGuy! »

Hey guys, I am looking for some good advice about living in New Hampshire. It is a distinct possibility that by the end of this year I will be transferred there to start a new life with my family. I grew up in Ct, left when I was 20, spent the last 11 years in hell(phoenix) and put in a transfer for any job that would open in New England two years ago.The area in particuler is the concord-manchester area. A few Q's:What are taxes like? Property tax, income tax, Vehicle tax, registration?Has it snowed yet?Is it possible to rent a decent 2 bedroom place in a decent neighborhood for less than $800 a month?Do you love it there?Are the schools decent?How much do you average on utility costs?Please respond soon. I will probably have to fly out for an interview by the end of next week. These things happen really fast at my company. Thanks fellow Genvibers. As always, you rock!
joatmon

Re: Help (advice) any New Hampshire Vibers?! (MailGuy!)

Post by joatmon »

wow, new hampshire is poorly represented here. 12 members, only two of which have posted in 2006, the most recent was nhvibe in August.Come on New Hampshirites and New Hampshirians, fess up with the info!One thing you probably already thought of was that you are going to need to buy some cold weather clothing.
MailGuy!

Re: Help (joatmon)

Post by MailGuy! »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »One thing you probably already thought of was that you are going to need to buy some cold weather clothing.Yeah, I've gotten used to hanging my outdoor Christmas lights in shorts a t-shirt and tevas. Now, where did I put my gloves and scarf back in '95?
engineertwin2

Re: Help (advice) any New Hampshire Vibers?! (MailGuy!)

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »Is it possible to rent a decent 2 bedroom place in a decent neighborhood for less than $800 a month?Not to add stress to you, but I'm sure you may have already seen this. I checked ApartmentGuide.com (which is in no way an indicator of all apartment complexes in New Hampshire) and it doesn't appear there is too much in the way of rentals for less than $950 to $1000 per month. Hopefully, you've already found something...I wish you luck with your move and sorry things haven't worked out for you here in Arizona...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
MailGuy!

Re: Help (engineertwin2)

Post by MailGuy! »

Thanks man for looking out for me. I ran into similar issues with rent.com and craigslist but I found that if you start contacting realtors you can find some decent places for good money. That's how I found my current place in fountain hills. $800 a month 1100 sq ft 2 bed condo. Yeah it's right on the main rd but when you look for that in apartment guides you find nothing under a grand.I'm currently pursuing a place in NH that's a townhouse and is 900 sq ft. for $850 that I found through a realtor.Wish me luck.