Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ponta2147

Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together

Post by ponta2147 »

Just because I don't want this idea to fall by the wayside, I think we should plan a get-together out at the drive-in down by J_TO_ENVY. Not anything as official as a "meet" but just coming out there to hang out and watch a movie (plus it will give me an excuse to do that AHL disable mod, lol). Any ideas, Chicagoland vibers? Maybe the end of July or sometime in August?
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Or... we might want to wait until it's a little cooler outside. I don't know about you, but sitting in and/or outside next to the Vibe if it's in the 90s isn't exactly my idea of fun . FYI the Drive-In is open until the end of October.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jkm311

Re: Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Any chance a Michigander would be welcome to a fall mini meet? 'Tis my favorite season after all. I bet the wife and I could make a Chicago trip weekend out of it!
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Any chance a Michigander would be welcome to a fall mini meet? 'Tis my favorite season after all. I bet the wife and I could make a Chicago trip weekend out of it!Of course! The more the merrier !I seriously think September or October would be the best time for this to happen. I would rather be a little chilly than sweating like crazy. Plus in September or October the bugs wouldn't be nearly as bad. I get eaten alive just taking the dogs out in the backyard . We should do it the weekend after Labor Day weekend then we could all go to the Sandwich Fair too !FYI John, it's located in Earlville, IL in case you want to see how long of a drive it would be for you guys .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I like the weekend after Labor Day. Don't wear white!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: Chicagoland- Drive In Get Together (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

A Vibe outing to the Sandwich Fair followed by a trip to the Drive In would be such a great day! The best thing to do at the Fair is people watch . All I have to say is... WOW are there some interesting... shall we say... people walking around out there !
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Of course! The more the merrier !Awesome, but...Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »We should do it the weekend after Labor Day weekend then we could all go to the Sandwich Fair too !This is the week my wife and I are are taking our first real vacation in over 5 years! Most likely out west somewhere. Sad trombone for me. If you guys plan anything further into the fall, I am down. You'll all be veterans by that time! Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »FYI John, it's located in Earlville, IL in case you want to see how long of a drive it would be for you guys . 6 and a half hours! Woot!
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »This is the week my wife and I are are taking our first real vacation in over 5 years! Most likely out west somewhere. Sad trombone for me. If you guys plan anything further into the fall, I am down. You'll all be veterans by that time! Going on past experience, I do think sometime in September or October would be best with the weather, bugs, etc. beyond that I don't care when we do it since it's only about 15 minutes from my house . I will leave actual dates up to everyone else who has to drive further .
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Trust me, fall is my absolute favorite season. Going to a drive-in after getting some grub... all the while hanging with some Vibers sounds friggin' fantastic. By all means, get together when you kids can. I'll see if I can keep this idea kicking around with the wife. I know we owe ourselves a trip to Chi-town. It's been waaay too long. We used to go a lot when we met in Kalamazoo.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Awww... ! We can discuss it further in Indy !
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ok, just figured I would post the weekends in September/October that I am available... my schedule is dictated by Purdue football pretty soon since we have season tickets:October 9th and 23rd there are away games so I am freeSept 11th, 18th, and 25th and October 16th there are games in W Lafayette at noon, but we could make it back here for an evening event possibly (around 6pm or so)
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Lately it seems like you and I are the only Chicagoland members posting anymore Michelle . I get the feeling this Drive-In meet probably won't happen .
jkm311

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I get the feeling this Drive-In meet probably won't happen .Each month keeps filling up for me. Might have to wait until spring or early summer for me.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Lately it seems like you and I are the only Chicagoland members posting anymore Michelle . I get the feeling this Drive-In meet probably won't happen .Well then *I* will meet *you* down there because I still want to go.
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

That would be fine with me Michelle . We still need to wait a bit longer though because the mosquitoes are still pretty vicious out here, plus the temperature has yet to cool down much.