Illinois meet soon?

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
houseofbugs

Illinois meet soon?

Post by houseofbugs »

Anyone willing to get a meetup together in IL in or around Chicago?~Tim
tribalman

Re: Illinois meet soon? (houseofbugs)

Post by tribalman »

sure! but as i work retail and it's the horrible shopping season i won't be free until january. actually, in january i'm trying to get people together to go paintballing. how about a genvibe meet and paintball? :D indoor field obviously. i'm going on the 9th, everyone else is welcome to come. the field is close to the illinois/indiana border so indiana members are welcome too.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Re: Illinois meet soon? (tribalman)

Post by vibenvy »

I'm definitely in for a meet. I haven't met any Vibe owners yet. I'm in Sandwich which is about 60 miles west of Chicago. I am more than willing to drive a reasonable distance though.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Count me in. Naperville here.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I should be down, but might not have the Vibe with me, pending road conditions.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Well lets set a date. I would love to meet some GenVibers.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I'll do it, maybe we could even schedule it around the Auto show, that's here in Feb. downtown.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tribalman

Re: Illinois meet soon? (ponta2147)

Post by tribalman »

i say warmer month so we can bbq or some other thing. six flags? paintball? (that's my choice!)
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'm up for a meet whenever, but I agree with tribalman that warmer weather would be better. We could actually clean our Vibes so they would look decent for pictures and such. Also, anyone that has winter wheels (me) would have their nice wheels on again rather than crappy steelies .I don't mind driving, so the location doesn't really matter to me.
tribalman

Re: Illinois meet soon? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » Also, anyone that has winter wheels (me) would have their nice wheels on again rather than crappy steelies .but i like my winters and my semi-rusted steelies!
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I don't mind my steelies, but I definitely prefer my 18s .
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I am still game for the meet, but snow or shine don't mater to me my 18" stay on all year. I'll leave the location to yall, as I am only familiar with Busse woods.Aron
tribalman

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by tribalman »

i say we go paintballing. sorry, i'm a junkie. i can't stop. i don't want to stop. ;Pbussie is ok, but it's local for me. i drive past it on my way to work. lets go somewhere new. south a bit? maybe Springfield? i've never been and i'm interested in going places. how about starved rock? a bit of a depressing history, but it is still very beautiful. i also haven't been in a very long time.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Re: (tribalman)

Post by vibenvy »

I'm totally down for Starved Rock. There would be so many nice places for taking pictures.There's also a nice state park close to me (Silver Springs) that would be good as well.
DiveNut

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I'm totally down for Starved Rock. There would be so many nice places for taking pictures.There's also a nice state park close to me (Silver Springs) that would be good as well.Starved Rock is very nice, I did some hunting there in Dec and Jan...love that place. I am planning on hitting the 9th Gen meet in Busse Woods again this year. Nice folks and it's close. Would be great to not be the only Vibe there.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I'm totally down for Starved Rock. There would be so many nice places for taking pictures.There's also a nice state park close to me (Silver Springs) that would be good as well.silver springs isn't too far for me. only an hour. plus a friend lives out there.and DiveNut. let me know, i'd be willing to show.
None. Vibe is gone.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »silver springs isn't too far for me. only an hour. plus a friend lives out there.and DiveNut. let me know, i'd be willing to show.Silver spring si snice too, though Starved Rock is much more scenic and IL71 has some nice twists and turns. Takes about 1hour & 15 minutes from Naperville. Will definitely keep the local GV folks updated as 9thgen firms up the date.

vibenvy

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by vibenvy »

I would rather go to Starved Rock as well since I don't really ever go down there. I go to Silver Springs quite a bit.I'd possibly be down to go to the 9th Gen meet @ Busse...Yeah, 71 going through Starved Rock has some very nice curves .
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Okay guys and girls, we're officially into March now. Any ideas for a meet soon? I am itching to get together with some Vibe owners!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i'd plan it but i'm already working on planning a weekend trip in april, a longer trip in may, and another in september.
None. Vibe is gone.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Throw out some dates....Spring and warm weather are just around the corner

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Any date really is good for me. I don't usually do much on weekends except hang out at home and detail the Vibes when the weather's nice.For those of you near Chicago, you may want to check out the WI GM-Tuners site (if you sign up, please introduce yourself and mention me [J TO ENVY] as a reference). They have monthly meets and the April meet is going to be in the Milwaukee area. The exact date hasn't been set yet, but they're working on it as we speak. They are a great bunch of people and I would love to have a few more Vibes to cruise up there with. We could all meet up somewhere and head up there together if anyone was interested. Let me know.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Location: Woodfield Mall (JcPennys parking lot) (Across from Firestone)City: Schaumburg, ILTime 2:30 - 3:30 Meet up3:30 - Photos at Busse Woods Forest PreserveAfter photos, its up to the group. Head back to the mall and walk around? Grab some food? Cruise around?** Rain date will be March 21st - Same details 1. KleindlGTP (Pontiac G6 GTP)2. Jakeman (Pontiac G6 Sedan) - maybe3. 60DegreeVVT (Pontiac G6 Sedan)4. J TO ENVY + 1 possibly5. ponta2147 + 16. Bleco2.2 (Chevrolet Cavalier) - maybeLet's get some more Vibes out to represent!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Location: Woodfield Mall (JcPennys parking lot) (Across from Firestone)City: Schaumburg, ILTime 2:30 - 3:30 Meet up3:30 - Photos at Busse Woods Forest PreserveAfter photos, its up to the group. Head back to the mall and walk around? Grab some food? Cruise around?** Rain date will be March 21st - Same details 1. KleindlGTP (Pontiac G6 GTP)2. Jakeman (Pontiac G6 Sedan) - maybe3. 60DegreeVVT (Pontiac G6 Sedan)4. J TO ENVY + 1 possibly5. ponta2147 + 16. Bleco2.2 (Chevrolet Cavalier) - maybeLet's get some more Vibes out to represent! you forgot to mention the initial date, unless i'm just going blind..as for " Head back to the mall and walk around? Grab some food? Cruise around?" i say "NO!" i work in that mall and i don't like hanging out there. ;D Streets of woodfield i have no problem with, plus they have gameworks and DDR (another game i love.)
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »you forgot to mention the initial date, unless i'm just going blind..as for " Head back to the mall and walk around? Grab some food? Cruise around?" i say "NO!" i work in that mall and i don't like hanging out there. ;D Streets of woodfield i have no problem with, plus they have gameworks and DDR (another game i love.)Date is Sat, March 20th.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »you forgot to mention the initial date, unless i'm just going blind..as for " Head back to the mall and walk around? Grab some food? Cruise around?" i say "NO!" i work in that mall and i don't like hanging out there. ;D Streets of woodfield i have no problem with, plus they have gameworks and DDR (another game i love.)Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Date is Sat, March 20th.My bad. Yep, Saturday March 20.I am willing to bet we will end up just hanging out by the mall for a while and than cruising over to Busse and hanging out some more. Than from there everyone will probably go their seperate ways.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

bah. gotta work that day. oh well, was kinda last minute and i was hoping i'd somehow get the day off or have a later start.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

No problem. I'm sure there will be at least a couple more meets throughout the spring & summer.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Starved Rock is very nice, I did some hunting there in Dec and Jan...love that place. I am planning on hitting the 9th Gen meet in Busse Woods again this year. Nice folks and it's close. Would be great to not be the only Vibe there. I'll be down. Just PM me with the details Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Date is Sat, March 20th.I'll be there. Can my buddies with a Matrix and a Yaris tag along?
DiveNut

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by DiveNut »

Looks like 9th Gen meet is in Busse Woods again on June 26th. I attended the year before last. Good bunch of guy & ladies, made me feel real welcome as the only Vibe attendee,http://www.9thgencorolla.com/f...age=2

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I'll be there. Can my buddies with a Matrix and a Yaris tag along?Awesome! The more the merrier. It started out as an all Pontiac meet, but that quickly changed. We just want a good group of people with nice cars to hang out. It doesn't matter what they drive. Can't wait to see you guys there!Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Looks like 9th Gen meet is in Busse Woods again on June 26th. I attended the year before last. Good bunch of guy & ladies, made me feel real welcome as the only Vibe attendee,http://www.9thgencorolla.com/f...age=2I will definitely be there! Hopefully there will be at least two Vibes there this year .
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Woohoo 3 more days!My cell # is 708-220-4621. I will be at the mall around 2:30pm. If you guys (and gals) want to exchange numbers let me know so we can find eachother easily.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

773 307 2360... if I remember to turn the volume up on it... lol.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As of now, according to Weather Bug, the forecast for Saturday is: Rain likely. Highs in the mid 40s. Change of precipitation 60 percent. It's not looking too good .As long as the weather isn't too bad, I should be there right about 2:30 as well.Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »If you guys (and gals) want to exchange numbers let me know so we can find eachother easily.Everyone's supposed to meet in the parking lot of JC Penny (across from Firestone) at Woodfield so it should be pretty easy to find us . It will be awesome to actually have 3 Vibes there representing ! Can't wait to meet you guys and your Vibes!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » It will be awesome to actually have 3 Vibes there representing ! there will be four. my vibe will be there, just across the mall parked while i'm at work.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Maybe one of us could come get the keys and move it for you !
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Word of caution, if you post your cell number, you may be inviting any unwanted attention.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
ponta2147

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by ponta2147 »

I get random calls all the time anyway. I'm pretty sure my cell number is on my facebook...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Well, the forecast is looking pretty crappy:Rain or snow showers in the morning... than snow or snow showers in the afternoon. Much colder. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.If it's going to be raining and cold I don't really see a point for us to have the meet. I hate having people checking my car out when it's dirty and I definitely don't want to stand around freezing my (removed) off in the rain .
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I'll be there rain or shine
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Wish I could make it but its the wifes B-day, wonder if she would frown if I went Aron
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Sorry guys and girls but I won't be there. It's approximately an hour and a half drive for me and since the weather is going to be so crappy it's not really worth it to me (not saying I don't want to meet you all). Perhaps we can get something setup for April and hopefully the weather will cooperate.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Yeah I talked to a few others that were going to go and we aren't. Let's reschedule the meet.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Fine by me! Any weekend day is fine by me except Saturday April 17 because I will be going to Milwaukee for a WI GM-Tuners meet.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Yay, reschedule! Any time as long as I have advance notice.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

so i was totally there and when i got out of work i was expecting something written in the snow on my car, but sadly; nothing. ; ; thanks for nothing. ; ;sweet. just let us know ahead. i plan on making saturdays my homework day, but i can get away with making my homework photos of vibes/matrices/corollas/scions/etc. yay for digital photography class!
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »so i was totally there and when i got out of work i was expecting something written in the snow on my car, but sadly; nothing. ; ; thanks for nothing. ; ;sweet. just let us know ahead. i plan on making saturdays my homework day, but i can get away with making my homework photos of vibes/matrices/corollas/scions/etc. yay for digital photography class!I totally wanted the Vibe owners that were going to attend to go park around your car and post a picture for you, but obviously due to the crappy weather no one went .
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

Hi All--I am interested in meeting--would love to have a picture of a bunch of Vibes. Woodfield sounds great--so keep this thread going and someone plan another date!
tribalman

Re: (LavaIlliniVibe)

Post by tribalman »

just not april 17th or 18th. i'll be at the Spring Pump Classic.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Re: (LavaIlliniVibe)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by LavaIlliniVibe »Hi All--I am interested in meeting--would love to have a picture of a bunch of Vibes. Woodfield sounds great--so keep this thread going and someone plan another date! Yes, let's all pick a date! Need something to get excited about again! Early April or Late April?