Available soon: 2003 Base, $3K

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Cara

Available soon: 2003 Base, $3K

Post by Cara »

If you're in North Georgia (or willing to get here), I will be sadly rehoming my 2003 base Vibe with approx. 189K miles on it soon.

It's been a great, high-mpg (30, average) car since I bought it with about 140K on it about 7-8 years ago. I need something I can drive at night and in the rain in and feel a little safer, as I age and my night vision declines. I am sad to let this car go.

I will be getting it cleaned up and then will post pics but, if you're hot for a replacement or car for lots of parts for your project, PM me here. I don't log in a lot, so be prepared to wait.
Last edited by Cara on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cara
zbyers

Re: Available soon: 2003 Base, $2K

Post by zbyers »

Some new headlight housings and some quality headlight bulbs would alleviate the not seeing at night. Do not get Eagle Eye housings as they are garbage. As for headlight bulbs, Philip Racing Vision H4 (I think they are called) are a HUGE improvement for a regular halogen bulb over the regular ones you'd find at a parts store.

A set of quality tires that have good traction in the rain would also help with that. We have ran General Altimax RT43 tires on most of our Vibes. I have had the one set for 5 years now, and probably very close to the mileage rating, and have not once had a complaint about them. Even nearing the end of their treadlife, they have handled great in the rain.

These cars are still pretty safe overall, and are very cheap and reliable. I'd hate to see you get rid of it and get something you dislike over things that you can improve.

With that said, if you are set on selling it, good luck! If I were close to GA, I might consider it.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I agree with Zbyers. The only difference between the old car and a newer car is the headlight type (and polishing the plastic, of course. I miss glass headlamps). I've found that two vibes over 17 years (Feb 2003 to now) have shown that as long as the tires are in good shape, it handles water REALLY well, and even snow decently. I'm in Houston, so I _know_ driving in the rain :). I lost traction _once_ many, many years ago; I bought new tires the next day.

So, if you want a new car, get a new car. If you just need some additional safety, spend money on tires and headlights, (maybe new shocks), rather than $35k on a new car.
Cara

Post by Cara »

Thanks, folks. It’s a done deal, and I spent less than half that. Besides safety, we had space issues. The car was usually enough for me The dogs, but when my husband came along, it got crowded.

I thought about keeping it along with the new car, but we don’t have room for that.
Cara