Trd Super Charger 1zz-fe Idler Pulley Bracket For Sale

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Salsa Guy

Trd Super Charger 1zz-fe Idler Pulley Bracket For Sale

Post by Salsa Guy »

After spending a couple of hours talking with Machinist, Welders and C&C operators, I finally found someone that will attempt to make the Idler Pulley Bracket. My Trix is off the road to address other repairs (all minor) so I took this chance to help out a few of you. The price will be about $150 and will not include anything but the bracket and the idler mounting bolt. All other parts, but not limited too, shims, washers, other bolts and the Idler Pulley (which can be ordered from PSE) will NOT be included.

The plan is to have one made, test it on my car and then put them in production. I will set a pre-build price where a deposit will be required. If you do not buy in at the pre-build price the cost will go up because I'm not going to carry the cost on these items. The hope is to be shipping them at the end of January 2013.

More details coming, please post or PM me your interest.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Salsa Guy

Re: Trd Super Charger 1zz-fe Idler Pulley Bracket For Sale

Post by Salsa Guy »

The Bracket on the far left is the TRD unit. The Bracket on the far right was made by someone else (that is no longer making them) but should be very similar to what I'm building

Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Is this a ware item? I don't understand why you're having these made.
Your TRD one looks like it's in good shape.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

SeattleJeremy wrote:Is this a ware item? I don't understand why you're having these made.
The TRD bracket is poorly designed for the material it is made from (aluminum). A quality steel bracket won't fail in the way that the original will. I may be interested in one of these in a few months (after some road testing).
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

hotbug1776 wrote:
SeattleJeremy wrote:Is this a ware item? I don't understand why you're having these made.
The TRD bracket is poorly designed for the material it is made from (aluminum). A quality steel bracket won't fail in the way that the original will. I may be interested in one of these in a few months (after some road testing).
Oh Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for providing such a cool part :)
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

It's a tough part to find and TRD quit making them about 6 years ago. It's a complex part to build from scratch.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

UPDATE: The build is under way. We are in the process of making four of these units. It will made of 3 pieces steel: the barrel will be made of one piece with the shoulder turned into it; The alternator piece will be 1/4" thick; the engine piece will be 1/2" thick, drilled and tapped for the mounting bolt. Then all 3 pieces will be welded together.
Only 4 units will be made and should be much stronger then the Cast Aluminum TRD bracket. Less chances of breaking the shoulder and buggering threads.

The biggest mistake made in this build is trying to get it done before the holidays. The car has been down for 3 weeks trying to get this made. Driving the minivan lacks certain appeal.

Also while posting this on NC they wanted me to pay a "vendor" fee. After I responded they still won't waive it and locked my post. Nice guys!
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

The prototype is installed and working. I had to do some grinding and shimming to get the pulley squared up and everything appears to be tracking very well. It is made of steel and will cost $170 shipped if you order now! I'm only having 4 made and if I need to carry the cost it will go up to $190.

God it's nice having my Trix back.