I took the Vibe to autocross today

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
CountryVibe

I took the Vibe to autocross today

Post by CountryVibe »

I took my vibe up to the autocross in the area, I had a blast the beast did great. Took about 1000 miles off my new tires, but it was all in good fun My fastest time was 74.09, and the fastest time for the track was 60.91 with a Corvette Z06. Definitely going again next month great fun
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Do you have any suspension mods done? or did you go all stock?... no pics or vids? Autox'ing is awesome...i need to try it outsometime :D not a bad time!! that vette was moving huh?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes... what a freaking fun time!we just got back from autox all weekend. fri night - sunday. :D didn't autox the pumpkin since it's sold, but still had a great time! i'm sure you'll do well as you learn more. make sure you take advantage of any autox schools they may offer! seat time is the best way to learn, so make sure you get as much as you can when you can!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

what kind of tires did u have on, those make some of the biggest difference.when i went i had on all season high performance with a tread wear of 420 (touring tires have 600, racing have 30-50). i had a best time of 67.something and the best had times of 49-50. i asked to ride passenger with someone who was one of the best in the minicooper S Gstock, and while in his car as he ran a 54 sec lap i knew very quickly how much tires really matter, and next time ill show them.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes, your tires will make a HUGE difference!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

dang i wish autox'ing was bigger here, id go just to ride along
AKLGT

Re: (northvibe)

Post by AKLGT »

usually you can't unless they do fun runs or dollar runs. it's a safety issue.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
CountryVibe

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by CountryVibe »

I am still fully stock, I had on Toyo Proxes 4 the on;y had a few miles on them when I got there. the let us do a few fun run without paying extra the wiregrass guys a really niceHere is a few pics still trying to go though them
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

That looks like fun!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Mavrik

Re: (ajflan)

Post by Mavrik »

the SCCA autocross chapter here has an almost identical focus and corvette running lol.Glad you had fun. I liked autocrossing the Vibe. It had great rotation and handled very well with the mods I had on it. Unfortunatly not a fast car and brakes are not a strong point. Still was a blast to drive the Vibe last year. I had 17" kumho tires, rear sway bar, front strut bar, CAI, exhaust and intake on the car. I ran STS class and was about 2 seconds behind the first place car in that class most of the season. I got a reward for second place in STS last year. This year I hope to get 1st place A-stock in the STi. So far so good.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »the SCCA autocross chapter here has an almost identical focus and corvette running lol.Glad you had fun. I liked autocrossing the Vibe. It had great rotation and handled very well with the mods I had on it. Unfortunatly not a fast car and brakes are not a strong point. Still was a blast to drive the Vibe last year. I had 17" kumho tires, rear sway bar, front strut bar, CAI, exhaust and intake on the car. I ran STS class and was about 2 seconds behind the first place car in that class most of the season. I got a reward for second place in STS last year. This year I hope to get 1st place A-stock in the STi. So far so good.yes, it helps when there is only you at the majority of the events, and only maybe one other competitor IF they show up. i know i will have a first place finish in my class of ONE. :D maybe next year i will decide to compete in the SM class vs SML. IF i seem to be improving more like i have been this season. cause it was a lot of fun competing with everyone this past weekend.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Mavrik »

you probably want to stay in SML cause its a slaughter house out there otherwise. I'd like to at least have a first place for something even if it ment I was alone or spanking evos out there haha. So far I lead in points.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
CountryVibe

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by CountryVibe »

I think that I am the only one in my class out there. alot of the guys out there are modified
Mavrik

Re: (CountryVibe)

Post by Mavrik »

yeah most people do run with modifications. thats why street prepared and street modified has a lot of competition.