Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
BlueCrush

Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car

Post by BlueCrush »

I saw this on MO and though I would post it here. This is located in Australia but it would be cool to have it in the US as well. There are even stands for people to watch. Cehck out the photo gallery too. It would be a great alternative to Street Racing: http://site.dragtag.com.au/index.phpCheck out the Video : http://site.dragtag.com.au/webpage.php?id=21(mods could you move this to the new "legal" racing forum when it is ready?)
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
nitrovibegt

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (BlueCrush)

Post by nitrovibegt »

I just emailed the company about Franchises available. I want one....
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
nitrovibegt

Post by nitrovibegt »

When I get one of these places I can post all my races...without the worry of censorship or being DELETED....
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
BlueCrush

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (nitrovibegt)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by nitrovibegt »When I get one of these places I can post all my races...without the worry of censorship or being DELETED....LOL! Exactly!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by nitrovibegt »When I get one of these places I can post all my races...without the worry of censorship or being DELETED....Won't you tell us how you really feel?
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Mavrik

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (ColonelPanic)

Post by Mavrik »

Well street racing is against the law... so as a professional website it does not seem right to allow bragging about street racing.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ColonelPanic

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (Mavrik)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Well street racing is against the law... so as a professional website it does not seem right to allow bragging about street racing.Thank you, captain obvious. You hit the nail right on the head. Coming here to brag about a kill done on the streets is just as bad in my mind and probably many others as coming here and saying "hey, I just knocked off a bank!"
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Mavrik

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (ColonelPanic)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Thank you, captain obvious. You hit the nail right on the head. Coming here to brag about a kill done on the streets is just as bad in my mind and probably many others as coming here and saying "hey, I just knocked off a bank!" Well if you knocked off a bank and bragged about it I'd turn you in for the reward.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Sooo...anyways, I think it is a pretty cool concept. Get the racers off the streets and into the giant video game.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

I always wanted one of those GT car compartment simulators. Those are really cool. I got to sit and drive in one at the detroit autoshow. talk about expensive though I'm sure.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

that's pretty cool. and yes, perhaps if it were more cost effective to do simulated racing with your own car (and actually DRIVE it) then it'd be like racing on an actual street or pavement. especially when you can stage up, make sure it's all fair and go for it! i can see how that would be great for areas without nearby tracks OR in areas like here where you have winter seasons that prevent you from actually racing legally (or just intelligently at that).
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
nitrovibegt

Post by nitrovibegt »

They emailed me back....on the cost of the franchise with all the equipment...only a cool 1.3 mil for the first location and .9 mil for each additional location....Looks like I'm gonna have to sell a few more cars to get the cash...Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Sooo...anyways, I think it is a pretty cool concept. Get the racers off the streets and into the giant video game.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by nitrovibegt »They emailed me back....on the cost of the franchise with all the equipment...only a cool 1.3 mil for the first location and .9 mil for each additional location....Looks like I'm gonna have to sell a few more cars to get the cash...Ouch! Not including the cost for land or construction of the building?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i think it's cheaper for an AWD dyno... and you'd make a helluva lot MORE $$$!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GrayFox

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by GrayFox »

wonder if they could combine measuring your car's power while you raced?
Mrizzle05

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »wonder if they could combine measuring your car's power while you raced?That one will cost you $1.6 million... It would be fun... but kinda time comsuming per person... registering, loading the car, checking for saftey, racing, unloading. You know?
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
NascarXprt

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by NascarXprt »

thats what you need for the Garage when you invite the guys over for a barby you can ask em you wanna race.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »wonder if they could combine measuring your car's power while you raced?I think you could do something similar with a dyno. all you'd need is a projector and a simulator for a drag strip.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

That would be costly but less then 1mil lol
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, exactly my point. you could rig up a similar system that would give you the same results but for far less $$. plus, you could do tuning and all sorts of things with it. probably spend about $500K for it. I believe Hank was telling me when he checked out the AWD dyno, it was about $200K maybe a tad less. you'd need the right building for it, permits, etc and the screens and projector system to do it all...
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

you have to keep in mind the type of programming that goes into a thing like this. a simple simulator is only the tip of the iceburg. it has to react to your car specificly.1 mil is a bit much, it would take quite a while i would imagine for that to pay for itself!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

You know, when I first read this thread, I though it was a cool idea...a safer alternative to street racing (for sure) and strip racing. I like the idea of it reporting dyno values as well, which you don't get in a strip.Then I watched the video. Ugh, that looks boring!!! Seriously, no G's to pull! No burnt rubber! No hot dog vendors! And the simulation really looked bad; I've seen better renderings in Myst.I just don't see much of a market for that here. I bet you could invest $2 million in a quarter-mile track and get a better return on your investment.
GrayFox

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by GrayFox »

for that amount of money I'll take my Ferrari and hit the autobahn, or hell just rent the Nuremberg track for a while.
Mavrik

Re: Drag Tag - Indoor Drag Racing using your own car (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »for that amount of money I'll take my Ferrari and hit the autobahn, or hell just rent the Nuremberg track for a while. if you rent that awsome track you better let us know. I'd sell my arm to drive that course if I didn't need my arm to drive
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I'm sure we could modify the vibe for one armed driving
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

he's got 5spd. could be done with an AT
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »he's got 5spd. could be done with an ATtranny swap for an auto and install some paddle shifters on one side.
jonathonbarton

Post by jonathonbarton »

Or delivery of the arm upon completion of the lap...once you're done, your life is complete, you can die happy, and you'll no longer need it, right?