First time to the track w/ stock LGT

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
AKLGT

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Um, no, I don't think so... The word detonate was mentioned, so I was thinking my Vibe exploding, and that would be due to explosives in the back seat detonating. Nothing kinky about it. It's just how I feel sometimes. Granted it would really suck if that actually happened, and I wouldn't honestly want to see that happen to the car, but you know...well, going BACK to my original comment, wouldn't want to be in or around the car if it were to detonate in all literal sense. think that would be totalled? lol.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Faultline

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Faultline »

The pictures answered my 1st question. You went nearly 93 miles per hour. Do you know what your 60ft times are? 2.2 maybe?What is the elevation there, and what were the outside temps??Sorry about all the questions, but inquiring minds need to know!! Racing is fun, but I am not going back untill I get an LSD....That's what I keep saying. I envy you AWD people!
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ok, i'll have to check. the first run of the day it was about 50 ° F outside. which is probably why it was my best. then after the first 3 it was in the 60's with direct sunlight. it was hot (our sun is directly over us not like in the lower 48). my 60 ft times were higher than that i believe. i just couldn't spool up. and as for elevation, i'd say we were close to being level. we weren't really high up in the mountains, but at the base.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Kari

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Kari »

Were you taking off from idle, or were you holding the brake with your left foot and giving it gas with the right after you staged? I'm not sure what you're referring to by "spooling up," but that might help the next time if you're just trying to raise the RPMs before takeoff. It'll also make the WOT a little easier on the engine because it won't be so sudden.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mavrik

Re: (Kari)

Post by Mavrik »

brake launching, to hold down the break and the gas at the same time. Its hard on the tranny at higher RPM but to hold it around 2000RPM when staged as the yellow lights drop, then release brake and floor it as the third yellow turns off... but it is hard to launch in an auto...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

the first couple ones i ran, i attempted torque braking as you described, kari. i didn't do it for too much over 1100 rpms as Mike, one of the subie techs was also racing and said i shouldn't. this is why i am looking to install the transmission cooler and hopefully chip the car next spring. this will allow me to torque brake higher and hopefully get boost (spool) up more so when i do launch, it'll get me going faster. later in the day after about the 4th run, i gave up on the torque braking because it was going well and i didn't think it was doing much good. so i mainly just stomped on the gas and let the car do its thing.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
slowvibe

Re: First time to the track w/ stock LGT (trdvibe)

Post by slowvibe »

i know a computer science major who has a sti and he knows how to use it he ran in the 10s and he hasn't even modded it yet
SLOWVIBE05 Vibe GTMoonstone (monotone)Factory XM RadioLeather seatsMoon & Tunes packageTinted windowsCOMING SOON: CAI, Custom graphics, 2 monitor DVD entertainment
drunkenmaxx

Re: First time to the track w/ stock LGT (slowvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by slowvibe »i know a computer science major who has a sti and he knows how to use it he ran in the 10s and he hasn't even modded it yetuh.....hmmm.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mavrik

Re: First time to the track w/ stock LGT (slowvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by slowvibe »i know a computer science major who has a sti and he knows how to use it he ran in the 10s and he hasn't even modded it yetok... cause with reaction time of 0:00:01 with a beautiful launch... I watched a stock STi on the track. I don't remember his times but they were in the 12-13 times... there is no way a STOCK STi (no matter how educated the driver is) can do 10 second runs... Modified STi and Evo brag when they break into the 11-12 second runs...can you post time slips?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
millster

Re: First time to the track w/ stock LGT (Mavrik)

Post by millster »

Just throwing this out there, but maybe we're talking 1/8th mile times here?Though I would imagine it would be better than 10 in an 1/8th mile run.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build